Author Topic: Naturisme and your children.  (Read 2736 times)

mrtoulemonde

Naturisme and your children.
« on: May 13, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »
We have been a naturistes since 1974.In my time we have been member of two clubs in switzerland and visited many naturiste holiday locations .My daughter  was almost born in a naturiste club , as my pregant wife and I were in our club just days before my daughter was born.All their childhood my children lived naturism with us , living naked in france in the summer on holidays.At home as it gets hot in switzerland belive it or not we were all naked around the house.
       As they have become adults and have their own children they have become less naturist.I believe my son would / does do it with his family but it is difficult to ask , as if the answer is no what do you say.Even though my daughter was every easy around the house she now looks down on it .We come to vera most years or elsewhere to enjoy naturism and we never say to our kids where we goother than the beach in Spain.     
       My question is  how do you all deal with this problem if it is one, and does anyone else have this situation in they family .I know we met a couple last year in vera who had the same problem, i was wondering about you all.Even my family sister etc. dont know, we have friends who do and some who dont.I would prefer to be more open about it but it is not that easy,..
What are your points of view ??? ???

kenb

• Offline Offline
Re: Naturisme and your children.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 06:27:22 PM »
Mr T has experienced some of the same problems that I have in my family. The difference is that my kids know I'm a naturist and treat it like some eccentricity and put up with it. They were brought up with naturism around  but none are interested now they are mature adults. It's a shame but a fact of life. And they don't seem to let or encourage their young children to be naked on the beach. My mostly non-naturist friends know of my "eccentricity" and don't worry about it. VP represents for me a chance  to be naked and natural that not many other places do; I hate the sound of Agde and am really not interested in naturist clubs.  The spanish laws and attitudes to public nudity are so much more grown up than ours in UK or in the US - the recent post about some bloke being prosecuted in Britain for gardening naked says it all. By the way my Swiss relatives are quite relaxed about nudity!

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:56:12 PM »
Our children were raised 'naturist', at least for holidays. They embraced it easily until their early teens when self-consciousness took over and both have rejected naturism (or maybe more accurately, any sort of holiday with Mum and Dad) since then. It's their choice. We would not seek to influence them in any way. If they embrace it again in the future...fine. If not, that's fine too. They must find and follow their own paths.

nigee'n'shirl

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
It's their choice. We would not seek to influence them in any way. If they embrace it again in the future...fine. If not, that's fine too. They must find and follow their own paths.

Absolutely spot on!!!  It is not for us, as parents, to influence the choices of other adults, even if they happen to be our own kids (not that I'm saying that is what anyone is suggesting they wanted to do).  I find that the attitude to naturism varies from country to country.  Switerland may well have the same attitudes as the UK, whereby once you reach puberty, it is time to stay dressed in front of other people.  In France, and to a similar extent Spain, the kids seem to have a completely different attitude to nudity, it just doesn't seem to bother them (why should it?) and I think this attitude is a reflection of the general attitude to nudity for that country, mebbee Switzerland had a Queen Victoria at some point in its history!!!

mrtoulemonde

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:49:59 PM »
there seems to be some misunderstanding here .Switzerland is open and being close to france things that are naked go easier. Topless swimming pools or lake side beaches are the norm. also unoffical nudist beaches as well.I say nudist beaches as i find it has nothing to do with naturism.It just how do others explain to kids .
True they are adults and choose , also once there is a husband or wife it complicates the situation.I just wanted to see how others explain  to family and friends .As said before some friends are very OK with us being naturistes and it is surprizing how many have done it but have never said.it is on the kids side i would like to see the different opions.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 09:53:05 PM »
It's their choice. We would not seek to influence them in any way. If they embrace it again in the future...fine. If not, that's fine too. They must find and follow their own paths.

Absolutely spot on!!!  It is not for us, as parents, to influence the choices of other adults, even if they happen to be our own kids (not that I'm saying that is what anyone is suggesting they wanted to do).  I find that the attitude to naturism varies from country to country.  Switerland may well have the same attitudes as the UK, whereby once you reach puberty, it is time to stay dressed in front of other people.  In France, and to a similar extent Spain, the kids seem to have a completely different attitude to nudity, it just doesn't seem to bother them (why should it?) and I think this attitude is a reflection of the general attitude to nudity for that country, mebbee Switzerland had a Queen Victoria at some point in its history!!!

Teenage girls? I still give them advice, of course. Never leave drinks unattended in a bar. Always get a taxi home and never be afraid to ring one of us to bring you home either. Don't do drugs. Don't be stupid like Dad and take up smoking. And while I think my taste in music is markedly superior to theirs, I'm not about to force 1980s post punk industrial agit-pop bands on them if they prefer the latest in Simon Cowell's sausage factory. But neither will I or their Mum insist they accompany us on a nudist holiday, or any sort of holiday for that matter, if they're going to be miserable or uncomfortable.

As things stand, they're off to New York next week with Mum, and then flying back to Madrid. Mum's joining me in VP, and the girls are off to London to (as of the last hour or so, it will probably change by this time tomorrow) take in some West End shows. Everyone gets exactly the holiday they want.

mrtoulemonde

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
 ;DI think this has nothing to do with the country we come from, as switzerland is maybe even more open than france.What i asked is how does everyone explain our habit to their children .Children who have been brought up naturiste dont seem to become naturiste afterwards. ;)
I know we cannot force or influence our offspring but it how do you explain or do you just said nothing..I know how i do it , and i know how friends react.Some are and some not .We have found the younger couples are often naturiste and when we talk about it with them they have done or do it .But if you buy something in Vera how do you explain it if they are not naturistes......
DId  not quite understand what james 1 meant . ? ???

we love vera luz

• Offline Offline
    • www.naturistrentalsspain.com
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »
Just last week i joined my wife in Vera Playa accompanied by my 2 sons (12 and 17 years old) and my daughter who is 19. While they all knew it was a naturist area we lived in and had been told that naked people would be the norm they all were still keen to experience this kind of holiday. I think it was a shock to them to see their old dad appear naked and just saunter outside to talk with our lovely French neighbours. It seems that it was then that they realised what Vera Playa is all about, people being relaxed in themselves and amongst others. You just could'nt stay a week in the place and not make at least one new friend. the kids settled down very easily the youngest decided that naturism was for him, the eldest boy was more comfortable in his shorts and my daughter was quite comfortable being topless with no pressure from me. They loved the holiday and are all very keen to get back again and all commented on how great the people are, so thank you to all our friends who took time to get to know them and welcomed them easily into your company.
Regarding friends well we have had numerous friends from back here in N.Ireland come to stay with us in Vera Playa and all even the people who said they would never be a naturist stripped of on the first day and embraced the life style, all are impressed with the easy going laid back mind set and all have said that it was the most relaxing holiday they have ever experienced.

Stephen
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:49:20 PM by we love vera luz »
Steve and Adele

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
But if you buy something in Vera how do you explain it if they are not naturistes......
DId  not quite understand what james 1 meant . ? ???

They don't have to come with us. They're old enough to stay at home and be trusted not to have a wild party. They don't have to be naturist if they do accompany us. As Steve points out, people get sucked into the VP lifestyle anyway, despite saying 'no, not for me', sometimes within 24 hours. In fact, probably within 24 hours.

We would like to buy a 'retirement' home in VP. If our children don't want to keep it after we've gone, or after we've become too infirm to make the trip, they can sell it. In our impoverished old age we can probably sell it!

Our children don't have to be naturists, in our company or without our company, if they choose not to. And if they decide to take friends or boyfriends off to the place where we eventually hope to purchase a retirement home, then it's up to them whether or not they embrace naturism while there.