Author Topic: Monikas at Palomares  (Read 3872 times)

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
Monikas at Palomares
« on: July 24, 2011, 10:56:24 AM »
Monikas, a nice place to eat, not far from Hotel Street and VP, and there is a camping area directly across road? (for those who like camping and miss the facility at VP)

albert

• Offline Offline
  • Albert Lookalike
Re: Monikas at Palomares
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:59:34 AM »
And the coffee's decent and cheaper than anywhere else in VP. :)

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »
And their barbecued lunch on a Friday currently at ?2.5 per person isn't bad either!
Hang on, this is advertising! I apologise. There are lots of nice places to eat in the area, at very reasonable prices, and Hotel Street does us proud for reasonably priced eateries.

albert

• Offline Offline
  • Albert Lookalike
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
Stopped just in time 'Sun4us'.  :) I was only going to add that it catches the winter sun as well ;) :)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:13:37 PM »
We have never had any problem with anybody advertising products and services.  When we first set up the website we were accused of doing it for 'commercial reasons', so for that reason we chose not to link our apartment website to the website or forum.  Since we don't link ours, we do object to other people posting links to theirs.

We do occasionally consider this decision,  if we end up with a links page, which has been suggested elsewhere, we may have sponsored links, but it's all more work for Alan.

The only problem with recommendations on fora is that people can mischievously post both positive and negative things - and I believe that we are actually responsible for the content in terms of libel laws.  But so long as recommendations seem genuine we are more than happy to have them.

Anything that enhances the businesses around Vera Playa is good for all of us, if we want to keep a good range of bars and restaurants we've got to use them.

Monika's is a favourite for many of us, her lamb shanks are outstanding, as is the duck and the spit-roast chicken (as well as the barbi).  
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:43:20 PM by John and Maureen Berry »
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

lubricated

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 10:40:58 PM »
I have to confess...

... I do love Spit Roast!  ;)

Lubricated
Aerial Photographer Skinny Dip 2013

Kmmed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 12:06:37 AM »
where is it located?

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
If you walk to Hotel St (properly known as Avenida Ciudad de Barcelona, turn left at the round about, follow the road round, past Paraiso Chiringuito.  Turn left at the T junction at the end then right at the roundabout. At the Repsol garage turn left, up the hill, about, say 400 metres, it's on the left.  Big terrace, plenty of friendly Brits in a morning.  It takes us about 30 minutes to walk.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Kmmed

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »
thank you