Author Topic: Travelling from Murcia Airport  (Read 5503 times)

sallieandstuart

• Offline Offline
Travelling from Murcia Airport
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »
Can any of our friends give advice for clients getting here from Murcia Airport without hiring a car?
Is there a standard taxi price?
Are there any other services?
Thank you
Sallieandstuart

Sue B-C

• Offline Offline
Re: Travelling from Murcia Airport
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 06:35:43 PM »
Hi Sallie - Phil and I pre-book at taxi via Shuttle Direct on the internet, the service is excellant the taxi is waiting for you at the airport and on your return journey have been on time to pick us up.  Have used them for the past three years and will be using them again this year.  Regards  Sue

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »
Return for two people last August was 410 Euros. Not cheap but you could have set your watch by the driver who was excellent.
It would be interesting if anyone else could post alternative suggestions together with cost ?
Phil

Steve Easthope

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:34:24 PM »
Several people offer a pick up and drop off service much cheaper than the 'official taxi'   From my experience they are all reliable.   You pays your money and you takes your chance!

we love vera luz

• Offline Offline
    • www.naturistrentalsspain.com
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:06 PM »
On one occasion last year i took the bus from the Murcia airport to Murcia main bus terminal and then took the Almeria bus which calls in at Vera. I then took a taxi out to Vera playa, total cost was around 25 euro one way. Its deffinately a good option if your on a morning or afternoon flight. The bus company is called Alsa and visit []www.asla.es to view their timetables.
Steve
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 09:57:44 PM by we love vera luz »
Steve and Adele

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
you know send me your email and ill get you there cheap denis /cork

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »
I can't help thinking that there could be a reasonable part time business opportunity here for someone (lagitimate with proper insurances etc of course) if Spain has the equivalent to the UK  "private hire" as opposed to "taxi" ?

Steve Easthope

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
At the moment there is no 'Private Hire' in Spain but they are looking into it.   As i said before, several people offer this service although not totally legal, it can save a lot of money and they are reliable.

graham.harvey

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »
Anybody will tell you the name of the best and most realible person for this and at good rates !!!
That includes Almeria and Alicante !

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:39:30 AM »
Well, please tell us, some of us are dying to know.  :)

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

albert

• Offline Offline
  • Albert Lookalike
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »
There is another Forum from inland that dedicate a section for 'Car Sharing to Airports'. Like Steve previously mentioned its about choice. I have personally used this service. My experience was entirely positive. Murcia Airport to my Vera Playa drop off point costs ?60, (January 2010). It can be cheaper if they have a return pick up. I have also dropped lucky and had a pick up for ?20.
Its becoming a little earner for Brits topping up their Pensions, etc. However, its illegal. There are scores of people taking this option. Its certainly cheaper then hiring a car. I personally have no problem with these guys. They make a little money, I save a lot.

Gary Dutton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
I will arrive in San Javier this Thursday (17th) at around 9.00pm  If anyone wants a lift to VP, please email me  garyherts@ntlworld.com

vickianx

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
hi all... we will be there on 17th may... 18:00. anyone wana share a car. we travel back on the 24th.so need to get back to murcia for 3 ish... anyone help??...  ian n vicki