Author Topic: June 2010  (Read 5362 times)

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
June 2010
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:45:03 PM »
Hi all
We will be in vera second half of June. Cant wait Lol
Anyone else going to be there?

mrtoulemonde

Re: June 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 03:07:55 PM »
we are still hoping to be there ,if  job hunting goes well...... ;D ;D ::) ;D

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 07:37:08 PM »
It would be great to meet you two again
We hope you can make it and we owe you a meal lol

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »
Hi all
We will be in vera second half of June. Cant wait Lol
Anyone else going to be there?

As things stand I plan to be there in June, but I'm afraid I'm thinking more of the first week. I'm rather hoping for an urbanizacion experience this time, as opposed to our usual hotel experience, assuming that there's still something free when the salary cheque arrives on the 30th and I've got lots of lovely lolly to pay for the booking.  :D

Of course, having budgeted for a solo excursion, my wife's now in 'Little Britain' mode, saying 'yes but no but yes but'. Comments made on this site are tempting her from self-imposed 'retirement' from the Vera lifestyle.  ;D

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »
we are still hoping to be there ,if  job hunting goes well...... ;D ;D ::) ;D

Hi you two
How are things going?
Are you going to make it in June We will buy you that meal lol

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 10:24:09 PM »
To James and wife - I think you will enjoy urbanization lifestyle - a little advice, book 1st or 2nd floor - plenty of privacy on the terrace - the rest of the time, a pareo on a lady in Vera Playa won't  attract a second glance! Chill out and enjoy - and I think you'll like midnight swimming, very common on most urbanizations I think - certainly on ours!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

largestalan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 08:52:58 PM »
midnight swimming , mmm,  I think the pool needs booking at tn on sunday.
nice thought. A+K.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
I think you'll like midnight swimming, very common on most urbanizations I think - certainly on ours!

Oh, I like it!  :D

I'm a very enthusiastic swimmer who can handle at least a couple of hours at the hotel's indoor pool every day. It is, however, a little too small to really 'stretch out' in terms of churning up the lengths. About four strokes and it's time to turn  :-\

I'm the first guy into the main pool at 700am each morning (yes, I know that the hotel's pool's rules are that the pool doesn't open until 800am, but rules are made to be stretched) and I'm probably the last one out at 8pm each evening, because few are using it at that time, which does allow for a bit of proper swimming.

And, indeed, I'm the one who'll go in at the breakwater at midnight while my wife (whose name is Diane, for future reference) watches on, not least because she can hold onto my shorts. You wouldn't want to emerge from the water and not find them in the dark, would you? (Well, maybe you would...that would really stretch the hotel's hours and acceptance to wander dripping through Hotel Street and reception at midnight, totally naked  ;D )

So midnight swimming is a big selling point to life on an urba, for me. Di will probably be sitting on the terrace with a glass of wine and a slushy novel by that time, anyway.

Any advice on the etiquette of urba pool use would be gratefully received. I quite fancy midnight swimming, but I do not want to be irritating fellow guests with my sloshing up and down endlessly while they're trying to get their children settled.

If any of you urba dwellers can enlighten me further, I'd be grateful as to an insight on pool etiquette.

James & Di.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 09:57:43 PM »
Hmm - putting the children to bed ?!?  The first summer we stayed in our new apartment (2002?) we were bemused to be going to bed at midnight, looking out of the window to see all the Spanish families just firing up the barbeques - with children, babes in arms, mums and dad, grannies and grandads.  Remember distinctly getting up for a pee at about 3am and they were still out there - gentle hubub of conversation - occasionally getting into the pool to cool down - no loud music, no raucous behaviour, just families enjoying themselves and the company of their friends and loved ones.

Admittedly that was August.  In June most urbanisations are just gearing up - maybe about 25% occupancy - and very few families.  You'll have a pool to yourself at 7am or midnight, or 3 am or most of the day.  Your social life will be focussed on Tiggers or Sol Y Luna or Frankies or El Balconcito or Paso Doble or any of the other fine hostelries.  Just say a friendly hello to the group of assembled brits there and you'll be welcomed.  As you are already aware, you can use the hotel after 8pm, but if you 'know the ropes' as you clearly do - you can walk in with confidence at any time and not be challenged!

So far as I am aware all urbanisations permit 24 hour swimming, most expect you to swim quietly in the siesta time and in the night time, the larger urbanisations need to have a 'socarista' maybe it's to do with the level of occupancy of the pool.  So outside the hours of the 'socarista' you swim at your own risk.  A good way to judge the size of a pool is to look on Google Earth, then you can judge visually for yourself, so long as you can work out the location of the urbanisations!  Phil's map should help with that.  Again, so far as I am aware, there are no Olympic sized pools - you'll have to perfect your turns!  Google Earth co-ordinates to the heart of the Naturist area are  37?13?21.91?N  1?48?21.47?W
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:17:52 PM by John and Maureen Berry »
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 12:41:57 AM »
so far as I am aware, there are no Olympic sized pools - you'll have to perfect your turns! 

Thanks for the info, John and Maureen.

I'm aware there's nothing of Olympic size, but most of the pools on the urbas seem a darned sight bigger than the hotel's indoor pool! At least I/we could envisage an 8 or 10 stroke length before a turn, which is something of a bonus.

I'm sorry to say you are convincing us more and more of the benefits of urba life. :D

All that's left now is for these darned clients to pay up and into the holiday fund (so much for 'it's in the post at the end of the month') and we're there!  ;D.

We're also sold on the idea of a quieter lifestyle (although we've never been bothered in the past by rowdiness in the hotel, apart from the kids disco and evening entertainment of an evening, which isn't even an imposition and sometimes a lot of fun to watch).

The hotel? Yes, one Spanish lady of our acquaintance gets her husband off to work each morning and then uses the hotel's pool/sunbeds/solarium all day, practically all summer. We've met her, shared meals, drinks and conversation with her almost every year since we began going there, in the late 80s).

There's another lady we've seen over the past 3-4 years who cycles to the hotel most days and parks her bike inside with what looks like the management's tacit approval, and uses the hotel's facilities all day before dressing and cycling off home about 4pm every day.

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »
We will have to try this midnight swim
Cant wait for 19th of June Hope this ash disappears lol

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:59 PM »
Ash is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope it clears for June

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 08:27:28 PM »
4 weeks today if the ash will stay away

scottyglenrothesbbare

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »
Well we had a great two weeks in Vera. Now its back to reality.

Have booked for next June already