Author Topic: Public transport Almeria airport  (Read 2747 times)

Dave and Sandra

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Public transport Almeria airport
« on: April 06, 2011, 12:13:51 PM »
Just thought I would right something about getting to Vera Playa by Public Transport from Almeria airport. If some people are not sure It might help. We have done this twice now, first time we missed the 10:03 bus from the airport to Almeria city which also meant we missed the 11 oclock bus from Almeria City to Vera.
The Next bus is 14:00 bit of a pain but a few beers and tapas. The 14:00 bus takes 1hr 30mins to Vera the bus left on time was quite busy but no problems.
This time having done it once was alot easier as you know were to go and rough timing, we caught the 10:03 bus which in turn meant we caught the 11:00 bus from Almeria City, although this bus had a lot of stops and took 2hrs we was at Vera Playa by 14:15 after shopping in Lidle and a coffee. Not bad me thinks all for under ?20 for the both of us. Thanks to this site for the excellent instructions.
Hope this might help those who are thinking about it but are not sure. Also as a note we do not carry big cases only hand luggage, the bus from Almeria City to Vera has facilities for luggage but the bus from the airport is very busy and carrying 2 large suitcases would be a pain but not impossible.

Adrian_Brown

• Offline Offline
Re: Public transport Almeria airport
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
I have also done this exact route about 4 or 5 times and I agree with everything Dave and Sandra say.  I also funnily enough missed the 10.03 to Almeria and then subsequently the 11am bus to Vera.  It was tough but I had to spend the next 2 and a half hours sat eating Tapas and sampling the vino tinto as well.   To be fair it was actually tough because first of all I was on my own because my partner was working and I can only really do about an hour of intense people watching.  Secondly I was hyped up after my flight and really just wanted to get to my house and have a shower and get relaxed.  Finally this was late October so I was dressed stupidly in British Autumn clothes and by Midday it was 25 degrees so the sweat was on  :o

I also mainly travel with just hand luggage but have done this with big suitcases (when my partner brought her 5 weeks of clothes for a 1 week break) and it isnt too bad.  The worst bit is actually dragging them from where the bus drops you in Almeria City Centre to the bus station.  Although....didnt somebody say the bus stops at the Bus station now...in which case it should be very easy.

Dave and Sandra

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Re: Public transport Almeria airport
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:17:20 AM »
Yes the bus stops outside the Bus station now.