Author Topic: any one with experience of doyouspain.com car rental from Murcia (or elsewhere)?  (Read 6613 times)

whatapieceofworkisman

• Offline Offline
In looking for my trip in late March I am seeing some good prices and services for car rental being offered on doyouspain.com, but I have never come across them before.

Any recommendations or tales of horror?

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
Yep, used them maby times, no problems at all and they nearly always have good prices.

The don't actually hire the cars, they search other providers to get the best prices (as do most of the spain car hire results on Google), so you could be hiring from just about any cpmpany.

I'll be looking at their prices again for my next trip. My last round of searches showed that travelsupermarket were quoting the best prices by far.

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

whatapieceofworkisman

• Offline Offline
Thanks Alan,

I'll think I shall give them a try......  as long as it is 'return fully fuelled' and not 'return empty' having paid over the odds for a full tank that I will not have used.

dalg

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
I have used them 3 times, the fuel policy has always been 'return empty' if the hire is longer than 3 days

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
The last time I used them was August 2010 and that time it was return full which I also prefer

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

DAVENRAE

• Offline Offline
We used Al-Andalus car hire in January, picked up in Alicante. No charge for fuel, return full. Local VP man, Dave Baxter. www.carhire@ntlworld, I think! ( Do I get a discount next time, Dave?!!)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:04:24 AM by John and Maureen Berry »

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

albert

• Offline Offline
  • Albert Lookalike
A good friend of mine uses Dave Baxter all the time.  He's quite a critical guy. Which is one huge 'pat on the back' for al andalus.
Personally, I was ripped off at Murcia Airport by one of the Nationals and now don't even bother hiring.

STEPHEN

• Offline Offline
I used doyouspain for car hire earlier this month at Reus airport. Very keen price on the internet, so I booked and paid on line, which was a little cheaper than paying on arrival. Car, a Ford Focus, was impeccable and formalities were very speedy. Supplied with full tank, but as I only wanted it for 3 days, I was told that if I returned it full, there would be no fuel charge, and there wasn't. No snags so far, but be warned that there is an "almost" obligatory insurance charge of ?3 per day. otherwise you must leave a very heavy deposit. Also, the insurance is a min of ?20 and a max of ?50, so for a short stay it's over ?6 a day  which increased the keen rental by 25%. It was still reasonable value, but be prepared. The road layout at the airport has been changed since my last visit, so the final  "snag" was to try finding the car in the car park in torrential rain, and then finding my way back to my passengers who were sheltering at arrivals. However, I can't blame doyouspain for the weather  !!!

tony21

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
We use al andalus car hire eyerytime, we visit our apartment in vera playa (six times a year)They are professional and the full/full policy is always a bonus. :)

DAVENRAE

• Offline Offline
We were recommended to get an annual car hire insurance (cost approx ?50) & it covers wheels, windscreen etc, too, rather than pay the extra 3 Euros a day.