Author Topic: Weather Update  (Read 167861 times)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Re: Weather Update
« Reply #900 on: October 08, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »
Good morning all

Yesterday was another lovely day.  The high on my thermometer was 32.6,  but I haven't resolved the issue of where to put it,  this morning I will prioritise finding a shady corner.  It must have been almost 30 degrees though, it was hot, and probably a little more humid.

The low was 19.2 degrees.  There was very little cloud, just high wispy stuff again.  The evening was warm and balmy.  It was a perfect evening for the big party at Frankie's, to celebrate Shellie and Alan's 34th anniversary and Bob and Sue's 51st.  A great time was had by all.  The weather was clear to observe, the tables inside the bar all got taken outside, the canopied area, the terrace and next door terrace were all full,  lovely to see on an October evening.  Last night we actually had the air-con on for an hour when we went to bed as it felt quite sticky.

Today the weatherman predicts wall to wall sunshine that,  so expect more of the same today.  Predicted high is 27 degrees, low 19.

The wind is from the South West, 11 km/h, so a light warm breeze, perfect. 

The 'costas' bit of the eltiempo website shows how the winds change throughout the day, very interesting, reminded me of my geography classes many years ago,  it's amazing what you can find on the web these days.

http://www.eltiempo.es/alboran/

The forecast remains good until the weekend with a 50 - 80% chance of rain  on Saturday,  now not predicted for Sunday and Monday!

Have a great day, wherever you are.

Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

MikeR

• Offline Offline
« Reply #901 on: October 08, 2012, 10:42:26 AM »
I did wonder where your thermometer was as you always reported temperatures higher than expected. Our thermometer is on a north facing wall and read about 5 degrees higher than expected. It is opposite a south facing wall which gets the sun during the afternoon. Shading the thermometer reduced the maximum temperature by about 5 degrees, but it is still 2 or 3 degrees high compared with the meteorologist's. He will have his thermometer in a Stevenson screen in the middle of a large lawn.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #902 on: October 08, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »
It's in a shady corner even as we speak,  currently 22.5.

If you have an interest in the weather, Mike, do you want to do it?  We're always looking for posters!

Cheers

Maureen
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #903 on: October 09, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
Yesterday was another lovely day.  I have decided that until I get yet another thermometer there's no point doing the temperatures.  they are meaningless if they are not accurate.  It must have been almost 30 degrees though, it was hot.

There were beautiful blue skies.  The evening was warm and balmy.  We watched the sun go down on our terrace with good friends, a perfect evening.  It didn't feel so sticky at bedtime,  no need for fans or air-con, for me that's perfect weather.

Today the weatherman predicts wall to wall sunshine,  so expect more of the same today.  Predicted high is 30 degrees, so warmer than yesterday, low 18.

The wind is from the South East, 11 km/h, so a light warm breeze, perfect. 

The forecast remains good until the weekend with a 50 - 80% chance of rain  on Saturday,  now not predicted for Sunday with good weather returning by the middle of next week.

Have a great day, wherever you are.