Author Topic: MAP UPDATES  (Read 10498 times)

aaron

• Online Online
Re: MAP UPDATES
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2017, 09:23:21 AM »
Oh and next to tabu in the old Q+DA is Rio

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2017, 10:05:25 AM »
Many thanks aaron, all amended at this end but problems uploading.
Off to VP ourselves tomorrow so it might have to wait until our return.

aaron

• Online Online
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2017, 08:39:23 PM »
To make things more complicated the top floor and terrace of atu Vera is a different business called friends! You can easily walk between them, not sure how ownership works.

Sitting in atu Vera now and it's nice, friendly staff and a nice menu of Spanish cuisine

Hope you arrived safely Phil!

aaron

• Online Online
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2017, 08:51:05 PM »
Stingy portions, mediocre food  >:(

aaron

• Online Online
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »
Also casa Conchita occupies what was ka la Tina last year in-between glamour shop and pizza, Spanish food and friendly service ( sitting here now!)

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2017, 08:56:28 PM »
Looks like I have to alter the northern end of the beach on the map to a clear dividing line (as it used to be).   :(

tomhorn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 11:00:51 PM »
Here is a map showing the boundary of the Vera administrative district.
http://ftp.ikimap.com/map/administrative-area-vera-spain
and of the anti nudist neighbour to the north.
http://ftp.ikimap.com/map/administrative-area-cuevas-del-almanzora-spain

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2017, 06:33:01 AM »
Unfortunately Tomhorn, in my opinion, the blue blob of the "Ike map" is far from being sufficiently clearly defined.

I think the only answer is going to be for me to email both councils on my return to the UK today and attempt to ascertain exactly where naturists are "safe" to wander without fear of a fine !

At the end of the day, as I'm sure you will appreciate,I do not want Vera Playa Friends (or indeed myself) to be held responsible in the event of someone being fined as a result of misleading information on the map.

Needless to say, it might take some time before I receive a reply !

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
Now that I am home and off the iPad, Tomhorn's links are proving more successful (many thanks) so no need to involve "officialdom"  :)

I have updated the map to show the restriction (please let me know if you think it is unclear ?) plus the earlier notifications below.

Press "f5" to refresh the image to the latest version (15/07/2017).

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2017, 02:19:46 PM »
According the Spanish  newspaper report the fine is from 100 to 750 Euro.  Not sure how they decide on the amount of the fine- you are either naturist or not.  Perhaps it is 100 Euro for a first offence or if you get into an argument with the police.  I am NOT volunteering to try this.

I believe the new non-naturist boundary is somewhere in the vicinity of Chiringuito El Chumbo and the rock breakwater on the beach.  Putting those on  the map would make it clearer where naturists risk a fine if they walk any further along the beach. 

I shall be interested to see how often this new law is enforced by the police and if they know where the exact boundary is.

The VP naturist beach has large signs that clearly show that dogs on the beach and fishing from the beach (except at night)  are  prohibited. I was in VP in May and June and never saw the police take any action against offenders. 

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2017, 03:56:23 PM »
Thank you Roy.

Unfortunately (as is often the case) reports are already contradictory so I have now amended the map to read "up to 750 euros" to cover all eventualities.

Irrespective of whichever particular chiringuito is sited as being the "starting point" (these also vary depending on the source) the crux of the matter is surely the division between the administrative areas of Cuevas and Vera (see links by Tomhorn) which is pretty much as per the division shown on the map .... this also allows for a slight margin of error to be "on the safe side" so I see no reason to extend the overall map area as it already extends outside of Vera Playa.

I must also (regretfully) point out that the actual Northern limit of the "official" naturist beach starts at Playa Turquesa Chiringuito so, for those wishing to "push the boundary" there is still an (unofficial) "buffer zone" which (as with the rest of Spain) is used at ones own risk if naked (I have retained a fade from green to red to appease those who wish to do so) !

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 04:14:07 PM by Phil B-C »

aaron

• Online Online
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2017, 04:04:53 PM »
The VP naturist beach has large signs that clearly show that dogs on the beach and fishing from the beach (except at night)  are  prohibited. I was in VP in May and June and never saw the police take any action against offenders.

I saw the GC in their jeep tell fishermen to pack up and move on a few mornings last week (around 8:45am ish) with varying levels of success! They do tend to give up as the beach gets moire crowded.

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2017, 04:44:28 PM »
Thanks Phil and welcome home to the UK.

The problem with a line or warning zone on the map, even if on or near the correct legal position, is that is that if you are walking north along the beach there is no visual marker to indicate that you are getting near to the Vera/Cuevas boundary. That seems to me to be about where the last beach house and  the dry river bed are. Perhaps you could put those on the map as a guide to where naturists risk a fine if they go further?

Regards, Roy

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2017, 06:40:38 PM »
Thanks Phil and welcome home to the UK.

The problem with a line or warning zone on the map, even if on or near the correct legal position, is that is that if you are walking north along the beach there is no visual marker to indicate that you are getting near to the Vera/Cuevas boundary. That seems to me to be about where the last beach house and  the dry river bed are. Perhaps you could put those on the map as a guide to where naturists risk a fine if they go further?

Regards, Roy

Thank you Roy,

Unfortunately, in this age of  "who can I sue ?", Vera Playa Friends (and indeed myself) are not prepared to be left open to litigagation in the event of someone being fined up to 750 euros for contravening a Cuevas by-law and siting the Vera Playa Friends map in their defence through a clever lawyer !

As I have stated, the actual demarcation line for the Northern end of the official naturist beach is Playa Turquesa Chiringuito and anyone proceeding naked beyond this point (as my wife and I have done) does so entirely at their own risk but if they continue into the administrative area of Cuevas, there is now a risk of a fine of up to 750 euros.

If people wish to walk outside of the official naturist zone and to within an inch of the Cuevas boarder before an about face then I respectfully suggest that they conduct their own research to ascertain exactly where they consider this to be and accept any possible consequences without redress if they are wrong.

As it stands, for obvious reasons, I prefer to err on the side of caution and place the boarder slightly south of actual on the map.

Rather than extend the map, perhaps the answer would be to reduce the map and delete anything outside of the naturist zone altogether (ie: delete everything north of Playa Turquesa Chiringuito) ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 06:43:56 PM by Phil B-C »

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2017, 09:02:30 PM »
Phil

I now fully understand and agree with your position and think that the updated map should be left as it is.