Author Topic: Transport from Murcia airport (because EasyJet cancels all flights to Almeria)  (Read 427 times)

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
It was reported today that EasyJet has just cancelled 7 out of 10 of its summer flights. Cancelled flights include those between Gatwick and Almeria on every day in July as well as Mondays, Wednesdays, Friday and Sundays in August, all of which were previously showing as available.

EasyJet is continuing to sell flights between Gatwick and Murcia from 18th July. Therefore what transport is there between Murcia airport and Vera Playa, other than car hire and private hire/taxi services that often cost more than the flight itself?
« Last Edit: 02 June 2020, 21:27:18 PM by SunWorshipper »

RobnDee

• Offline Offline
Other than car hire, you could try:

https://exclusiveairportshuttles.co.uk/

aaron

• Offline Offline
I have a return trip booked with Exclusive Airport Shuttles, but no flights any more!

I emailed them back when i booked it to clarify something and they were helpful and quick, and the reviews on FB are good. I think there's some on here too.

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
Thanks. €25 each way (€50 return) isn't bad compared to around €30 return for Almeria, and it's proportionate to the additional distance.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
We used them last year and they were excellent. Pick up/drop off at the Consum roundabout.

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
We used them last year and they were excellent. Pick up/drop off at the Consum roundabout.
Yes, I saw at https://exclusiveairportshuttles.co.uk/shuttle-stops/alicante-stops-2/ (misleading URL) that pick-up point 4 is at the Consum roundabout. Are they flexible at all? For example, from the previous pick-up point 3 they need to go through the next roundabout nearer to the hotel before arriving at pick-up point 4. Do they drop off at other points on the way on request? If it's a full-size coach, then I expect not, whereas if it's a minibus, then they might well do.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
It was a very comfortable Mercedes minibus but it takes a very round robin route and at one point we even thought we might be on the wrong bus !
As to if they are flexible or not, I really don't know - perhaps email them ?

RobnDee

• Offline Offline
Do they drop off at other points on the way on request?

Yes, last December we asked the driver if he could stop near the roundabout by Vera Mar 6 and Parque Vera 4. He stopped at the bus stop on the new(ish) road from Vera, just before the roundabout. We were very pleased with the service that Exclusive provided.

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
Using Exclusive Airport Shuttles Murcia drop-off/pick-up points, I've created the entire route in Google Maps. Google Maps has a limit of 10 route points, so I didn't include any stops that make no difference to the route. I also went only as far as Consum, as that's as far as most of us need to go. It is certainly a very roundabout route.