Author Topic: Silk Cut Silver cigarettes  (Read 4009 times)

VC

• Offline Offline
  • - from slightly less sunny northern Portugal
Silk Cut Silver cigarettes
« on: August 11, 2010, 04:09:02 PM »
Anyone knows who might carry this brand?
If not, I need something with extra low tar and nicotine. Where can I find a good selection of cigarette brands?
Thanks.

natura

• Offline Offline
Re: Silk Cut Silver cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »
Cigarettes in Spain can only be bought from a Tabacco shop, there are many - look out for the sign -  all carry most brands and they are the same  price wherever you buy them, the only exception to this is the Airport where they are dearer.

seth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 07:22:31 PM »
The Tabbac on the main street in Vera just past the church on the right the window has musical instruments in it  but they have most brands in.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »
The Tabbac on the main street in Vera just past the church on the right the window has musical instruments in it  but they have most brands in.

Now THAT information's more interesting than where to buy cigarettes. Any idea if there's something uniquely Spanish/Moorish/Arabic floating around in the music section? I might mosey on up there and pick up a cheap Spanish guitar if they have any, then spend the week recording a few Vera Playa influenced pieces. No! Not a Castanets Album!!!!! And I promise not to buy and record a Gaita (Spanish bagpipes) album on the terrace!  ;D

And for those interested in ciggies, the hotel still has a cigarette machine (through the main door, turn right and walk past reception, it's in the corner and features Marlboro Lights at around 4.50 a pack, if memory serves (but I don't do that naughty, naughty smoking thing any longer, unless someone lights up when I'm three glasses of wine to the good, at which point, old, bad habits resurface. Still and all, I can never manage a pack of 20 over the course of an entire week.

VC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
Thanks to all that replied. I might try the Vera store with musical instruments when the last pack goes astray (literally).
But, unlike James, I feel rather tempted to show off my extraordinary talents as an avant garde Gaita player...

Solon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 07:34:36 PM »
The tabac on the corner of Plaza del Sol in Vera - Jose Ramon - stocks Silk Cut Silver. I've been in this evening and clocked them.  It has the advantage of being able to pay by credit card (with your passport) if you want to take a few cartons back to the U.K.

VC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »
You made my day. I thought I'd be spending my last two days in VP craving.
Thanks a lot, Solon (and everyone else who replied).

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »
Thanks to all that replied. I might try the Vera store with musical instruments when the last pack goes astray (literally).
But, unlike James, I feel rather tempted to show off my extraordinary talents as an avant garde Gaita player...

;D

Just remember to suck on the Silk Cuts and blow on the gaita.

Hmmm....avant garde gaita? You don't fancy forming a duo for Simon, Amanda and Piers, do you?

VC

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 03:59:51 PM »
James, I would form a duo with anyone: I would even try playing the gaita while juggling apples on a monocycle if that would extend my stay at VP for another week.

Sadly, I'll be leaving Sunday. It seems there's no room for avant-garde gaita playing in Vera Playa except when the little train is within the naturist zone!

Silk Cuts have been purchased now. This is the beauty of this lovely forum.