Author Topic: Corona situation in Vera Playa  (Read 1166 times)

zvone

• Offline Offline
Corona situation in Vera Playa
« on: 22 March 2020, 01:01:44 AM »
Hi everybody!  :y
We visiting Vera Playa for last two years in the row and already have a reservation for 3 weeks in July (6 - 27).
If anybody are in Vera now, what is current situation there? We live in Ireland, all flights to Spain are canceled now and newspapers marking Spain as a "Next Italy".

Hope situation will improve in next few months and I wish You all good health, luck, happiness.. and off course, to see ich others after this sh*t finish.   :y ))))))

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
Re: Corona situation in Vera Playa
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2020, 12:47:32 PM »
I see that the hotel is now taking bookings only from 30/04/2020 onwards. But that doesn't mean that bookings as early as May will go ahead. It could be that all hotels in Spain have to remain closed for many more weeks or months.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2020, 15:03:16 PM »
"On hearing ill rumour that Londoners may soon be urged into lodgings by Her Majesty's men.
I looked upon the street to see a gaggle of striplings making fair merry and no doubt spreading the plague well about.
Not a care had these rogues for the health of their elders !"

Samuel Pepys Diaries - London 1664

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2020, 18:32:56 PM »
Very apt

>:(
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

zvone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2020, 18:56:30 PM »
Is there any new information about traveling to Spain? I move my reservation from july to August (10) and this is a day when Ireland lift last restrictions, but only God know will be flys to Spain or not. I am ready to go with car if necessary (ferry from Dublin to Liverpool, over GB to France) but will roads be open?  I just know if I don't feel sun, sand and see this year I'll probably go mental.  8)

wilmslownudies

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: 04 May 2020, 18:19:41 PM »
We are due to fly out for 2 weeks at Bahia De Vera on June 13 but Jet 2 have said they do not intend re-commencing their flights until June 17. Even if we move our flights for 2 weeks from June 20, I think that the UK FCO will be saying no travel unless essential plus I'm guessing that Vera Playa naturist zone would still not be fully open. Looks like our annual naked holiday is not going to happen this year but hopefully 2021 will return to some form of normality. Stay safe everyone.

zvone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2020, 23:05:18 PM »
I'm not giving up yet. There are three more months until August, I don’t believe They can keep the whole world blocked for that long.  BB)

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2020, 15:26:57 PM »
Stuck at home in the UK due to the lockdown but at least it's sunny and warm.  Only the third time we have skipped VP in the last (over) 20 years but unfortunately we aren't allowed to share our naturist friendly garden   :(

« Last Edit: 08 May 2020, 15:30:02 PM by Phil B-C »

frankandelaine

• Frank and Elaine
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: 16 May 2020, 16:57:47 PM »
Ryanair are advertising they will  start flying 40% of flights from July 1st from Ireland. I think our biggest problem will be the current 14 day self isolation rule, which I don't disagree with by the way. If the sels isolation rule isn't relaxed or lifted entirely, then no point in flying over. We have flights booked for late July and are still hopeful. Not confident, but hopeful.
But clearly, if tourists aren't allowed in to holiday destinations, many will fold. Safety must of course be a priority.

mikeandeileen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2020, 02:26:47 AM »
Apparently we can fly Cummings Airlines and avoid 14 day quarantine - or I may have misunderstood something?

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2020, 09:24:52 AM »
Ryanair cancelled my flights in July last week, not unexpected really. Might rebook last minute if the situation changes but it seems somewhat unlikely. Even if it does socially distanced VP doesn't sound much fun.

mikeandeileen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: 25 May 2020, 10:54:06 AM »
the hotel seems to be taking bookings from 1 July, I get a sense that things are loosening in Spain quite quickly, is that what those that live there are seeing/feeling ?

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: 25 May 2020, 13:19:05 PM »
the hotel seems to be taking bookings from 1 July, I get a sense that things are loosening in Spain quite quickly, is that what those that live there are seeing/feeling ?

Are they letting Brits in? I haven't cancelled my reservation at the hotel yet, got until mid June to do it and only lose the deposit.

mikeandeileen

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2020, 11:54:49 AM »
I didn't try to book as we have already booked in September but Spain are lifting quarantine regulations from 1 July according to bbc "Foreign visitors to Spain will no longer have to undergo a two-week quarantine from 1 July"

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: 27 May 2020, 20:57:40 PM »
The hotel is cancelling bookings for June and offering to rebook them for subsequent months.

If you booked at a promotional rate (for example there were some very cheap deals during April for stays from June to August), then although they won't honour the original price at which you booked for June, they will apply the same promotion that you used. This way, you get the promotional price for the new dates of your stay as if you had chosen those new dates at the time that you originally booked.

But using April's promotion, prices in July were around 55% more than in the first half of June, so it's quite a price hike despite the same promotion.

They also seem to be mandating breakfast in all bookings. This was exceptionally good value for June's low prices, but less attractive now. Mandating breakfast seems like an odd move, given that buffets are going to be difficult to operate.