Author Topic: anyone help......?  (Read 5966 times)

mrtoulemonde

anyone help......?
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:08:17 PM »
   i am not a photo wisard, and use a small digital 5.3 pixel camera, nothing fancy, but each time i try to send in a photo it says its too big..... how do I do to make them smaller ..
in layman terms please.......!!

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
Without a suitable program, I don't know.
However, if you want to email it to me with details of what size you want and I will send it back to you all done.
Phil B-C

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
or do a google search for "free picture sizing software" ther are loads of applications listed, I've had a look at a few of them and most look really easy to use and don't require a degree to use.

btw, I've had to set a limit to the size or we will run out of space, I'll have to monitor that anyway.

Alan
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:40:51 AM by Alan - The Webmaster »
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

Tony

• Offline Offline
  • Tony
    • Tony's Blog
Re: anyone help......?
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:28:16 PM »
I have installed a simple add on that is supplied by MS for windows users
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx
this tool has worked well enough for me in xp, vista and windows7, and as you see I've posted pictures saved to the smallest setting and posted here, but this size appears to more than good enough for the forum..

T

mrtoulemonde

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
thank you all , I 'll see what I can do .If I get it all in order I'll send them in. Most would be views from natsun over the beaches.
thanks again and rnjoy your  sunday ..
Terry

ManuelCarreiro

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »
  i am not a photo wisard, and use a small digital 5.3 pixel camera, nothing fancy, but each time i try to send in a photo it says its too big..... how do I do to make them smaller ..
in layman terms please.......!!

"Paint" will do it in a very simple and efficient manner too.
Right click the thumb and choose "open with" and then choose Paint.
On top, select "image" and then "resize". You will see that both vertical and horizontal present themselves at 100%.
Alter both to, say 30%, click "ok" and save the picture under a different name so that you don't loose its the original.
Will be glad to assist further if necessary.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:35:13 PM by manuelcarreiro »

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 01:28:06 PM »
This worked for me - I use Microsoft Mail

Choose a photo, email it to yourself using add photos - it will be automatically minimised.  Save the photo (left click on it, go to save as....) Then upload it to website.  Couldn't download software Tony suggested, not compatible with my system and don't have any other software - or don't know how to use it!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Tony

• Offline Offline
  • Tony
    • Tony's Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
mmmm how odd... doesn't surprise me about MS though...

but importantly, as we have seen, there are a number of ways to reduce the size of an image to make it suitable for the size constraints that the board has to carry...
 :)

graham.harvey

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 10:17:29 AM »
I find that Picasa Web Album is the answer.  just set it up and uploald your pictures to the web album.    then you can send it or them (I have sent as many as 123).
to anyone you wish and you can set it so that only that person can open them or make them available for the public in general.  If you have problems get back to me !!

VC

• Offline Offline
  • - from slightly less sunny northern Portugal
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 05:45:24 PM »
Anyone knows if it's possible to embed a YouTube or Dailymotion video as well? Thanks.

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »
The forum doesn't have a push button method of embedding videos and to modify the forum is quite a major task which I don't fancy tackling, however all is not lost. If you really want to embed a youtube video then take a look here http://alexbrooke.com/how-to-embed-a-video-in-an-smf-forum/ these guys show a simple method of embedding a video by the poster and does not require any modes to the forum.

Good luck

Alan the webmaster
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa