Author Topic: Contactless payments at naturist bars, restaurants and chiringuitos  (Read 372 times)

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
Although we take smartphones and/or smart watches to the beach, we avoid taking cash, wallets or purses. Without the pockets of clothes, the less to carry the better. Do Vera Playa's naturist establishments, particularly the chiringuitos, accept contactless card payments?

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline

zvone

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Re: Contactless payments at naturist bars, restaurants and chiringuitos
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2020, 23:09:41 PM »
Hard to say because situation change every year. Most bars have contactless payment but still for sun bed or umbrella and all small thinks on the beach, you need some change. I have case for my mob with small pockets and there is always place for 5, 10 euro notes.

danmar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2020, 10:07:05 AM »
Hello Sunworshipper, sadly your query is now irrelevant as all the bars and chirinquitos are now closed until further notice but when open most of the larger bars and chirinquitos accept credit cards.

SunWorshipper

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: 28 March 2020, 18:50:20 PM »
sadly your query is now irrelevant as all the bars and chirinquitos are now closed until further notice
Yes, when I first asked my question in early February, they were also closed. This question is for the future, not for the time of writing.

but when open most of the larger bars and chirinquitos accept credit cards.
It's not a question of whether they accept cards in general, but specifically whether they accept contactless cards. Taking physical cards to the beach is not particularly desirable, but most smartphones and smartwatches have contactless payment functionality.