Author Topic: Please vote to help stop this Town Hall Proposal  (Read 469 times)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Please vote to help stop this Town Hall Proposal
« on: September 20, 2019, 08:04:07 AM »
This is a post from Vera Playa Friends Facebook Forum.

The Town Hall is proposing to turn the area adjacent to The Vera Natura Chiringuito (sometimes known as the Sol Y Luna) into a Dog Park for all.  Of course, this will seriously impact on the Naturist Zone.

Please follow the link and sign.

“The Vera town hall has started a vote on facebook about creating a dog park in the area used by Naturists to play petanque. 

I think this is an *** extremely *** bad idea. 

This area is used every day by Naturists who play petanque. Anyone who knows the Naturist neighborhood would know that. Our new mayor said that he wanted to support the Naturist zone, yet the first thing that has been suggested while he is Mayor is to remove an area where Naturists meet and socialize. This idea is a mistake and should be abandoned immediately.

At the moment I write this 1.3k people have voted. They can't all be living in Vera Playa.

Consequently, please click on the link below and vote NO.  Also please send the link to all your friends and the members of any Naturist associations that you belong to and ask them to vote NO as well.

https://www.facebook.com/aytovera/posts/3125989944138031

Thank you.”
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

avalarf

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Re: Please vote to help stop this Town Hall Proposal
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 01:13:53 PM »
And hurry, the poll ends in 3 days....

avalarf

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »
Well done !! Poll closed Votes are 68% against.....but that will be taken as a yes I suppose...

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 03:30:49 PM »
You’re absolutely correct, almost immediately the Town Hall deleted the poll then published the information that 80% were in favour of the proposal.

We responded with a letter to the Town Hall including a screenshot of the final result.  I am now distributing questionnaires, asking what we Naturists would like doing with this plot of land. They are available from ‘Vera Natura’ Chiringuito and there is a Post Box for completed ones there, or contact me directly to request some and return them to La Menara postbox.  I have about 60 responses already, all with constructive alternative suggestions.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.