Author Topic: VP developments with all night open pool  (Read 2183 times)

zvone

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
VP developments with all night open pool
« on: February 13, 2019, 09:02:25 PM »
HI VP friends,
Last year we was at Torremar natura. Great holidays, but best part was late night swimming.
Not only great refreshment, swimming under moon and stars... almost better than  :y
As far as I know, only some VP developments have 24 hours working pool (Natura world pool, for example, a closed from midnight till 9).
So maybe we can write here pools working time for different VP developments.
Believe me or not, it become very important factor when I choose my holiday home.  ;D

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
Re: VP developments with all night open pool
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 03:59:25 AM »
A great suggestion! It will be interesting to read upon the different urbanizations. I believe Vera Natura's pool are open 24/7, at least that's the impression I got when renting there. I guess we'll find out in May but it will be nice to get some corroboration  :;:;

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 11:15:09 AM »
While the list is being compiled could a note about heating be included?  I believe that the pool at La Menara is "sold" as "Solar heated" which is untrue.  La Menara doesn't have solar heating as I recognize it.  It simply absorbs warmth from the sun rather than processing it.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »
Temperature is a great suggestion!

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 12:23:23 PM »

I admit I'm a wimp!  Pool or sea temperatures less than about 30o C shrink my already shrunken bits and pieces as well as my courage to something approaching zero or less!

zvone

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »

I admit I'm a wimp!  Pool or sea temperatures less than about 30o C shrink my already shrunken bits and pieces as well as my courage to something approaching zero or less!

;D  In that case, Torremar Natura and Bahia de Vera is best choice for You. Both complex have 24 hours heated inside pools, water temperature is between warm and hot. This is main reason why, second year in the row, we going to Torremar Natura.  !!:)

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 09:17:24 AM »
That's all well and good, mate, but how can we as tourists staying in La Menara access these pools which are, presumably, behind locked gates?

danmar

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »
Simple answer, rent an apartment in an urbanization with an indoor heated pool.

SarahKe

• Offline Offline
  • Looking to move to Vera Playa
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 09:47:38 PM »
Does anybody know if its possible to get temporary membership/day passes for the different urbanisations?

I'm looking to buy an apartment in the near future and my priorities will centre around size and location of apartment. I have preferences on which sites I would prefer (mainly based on heated indoor pools as I intend to live in the apartment all year round) but the main factor will be the apartment itself.

I understand you can use pools as a visitor to a resident and hope that this is something I can take advantage of by making friends but it would be really handy to know if any offer non-resident deals of any sort. It would make sense for this to be available during the winter months as it would create an additional income.

SK
X

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:47:48 AM »
Does anyone have information on the temperature of the heated pool in Vera Natura? And if it is heated even in off-season months?

And I second Sarah’s question. It would be interesting for us to visit other naturist urbanization’s and see what they are all about!

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »
I can only add my voice to the question posed by both Sarah and the Young Couple.  While I appreciate that privacy of the various urbanizations should be protected but locking out potential purchasers and visitors is not the best way to go about this.  Please, residents, open the gates and let us in!

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »
I am sure I speak for many people who value the privacy, private pools and othe amenities that come with owning a property on a gated community in Vera Playa.

If you want to find out more rent an apartment. If you are thinking of buying ask one of the local  estate agents to show  you  properties on  naturist and/or textile gated communities.

Roy

SarahKe

• Offline Offline
  • Looking to move to Vera Playa
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 12:08:30 AM »
Roy,

Very valid point that I hadn't considered. I will have to resort to plan 'A' and build a network of bathing buddies  :;:;

SK
X
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:10:17 AM by SarahKe »

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »
I am sure I speak for many people who value the privacy, private pools and othe amenities that come with owning a property on a gated community in Vera Playa.

If you want to find out more rent an apartment. If you are thinking of buying ask one of the local  estate agents to show  you  properties on  naturist and/or textile gated communities.

Roy

Roy, I think you have missed the point...
It is not reasonable to expect to make a decision on the possible purchase of a property without the chance to properly prowl around and get a feel for the urbanization.  Making a quick viewing under the supervision of an estate agency "minder" simply does not do it.  We'd want to look at the surroundings and maybe meet some of the neighbours without having to hustle round so the agent can meet his next "punters" punctually.

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »
With respect I have not missed the point.  You cannot expect as you put it "to properly prowl around" gated urbanisations on your own to get a feel for them. Do what I did and most prospective buyers do - rent first and try out different urbanisations. Also be aware that they if you stay in July or August it will much busier and livelier than the rest of the year apart from Easter which is a popular time for the Spanish to stay in Vera Playa in large numbers.

You could also try asking politely on this Forum if any property owners on urbanisations you are interested in would offer to show you around. That way you you will be much better prepared if and when you deal with local estate agents.

Roy