Author Topic: Hiking 2.0  (Read 2223 times)

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
Hiking 2.0
« on: December 28, 2018, 08:11:36 PM »
I saw an old topic about hiking http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php/topic,2153

I would be very interested in having some updated information about this! We would love to know if it's still possible to hike nude in the area with the abandoned mine buildings. We would love that experience.

Also, those anyone have a google maps coordinate for the start and main points of said hike?

Thanks!

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
Re: Hiking 2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 10:05:49 PM »
Hi mods,

I'm new here so I'm not sure if creating a new topic was relevant or if it's best to continue the conversation in the old thread. Please let me know if it's best to delete this topic or if there's a way to merge them.

Thanks!

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »
So I've been doing some more digging and found a place called "Cala de en medio", about an hout south of VP. It seems to be a naturist friendly beach/cove. Does anyone know if it's possible to hike naked from Cala del Plomo which seems to be the closest access by car?

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 12:52:57 PM »
Hi,

Yes, it's possible. I do that often. I think the best place to start is Agua Amarga. Follow the signals "sendero" at your right hand when you arrive at Agua Amargua and you'll find a little car park 200 mts further.
From there, I usually let my clothes in the car and hike naked to Cala Enmedio, or Cala del plomo, or ... San Pedro.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »
Thank you kog, that’s very useful information!

Have you done the same in Cabo de Gata from the Playa de los Genoveses parking lot? We were eyeing a hike to Cala Principe, Chica, Grande and Barronal.

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 04:36:37 PM »
Yes, I have traveled all the trails along the coast from the south of Cabo de Gata to the Playa de los Muertes., between Carbonera and Agua Amargua.
Always naked from the parkings.
You will not meet many naked people anywhere but at the beach, but this is absolutely no problem. Most people are very friendly and smiling. Greet them simply.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 06:27:37 PM »
Thanks again for all the tips  !!:) It will give us confidence even if we are the only ones!

Seeing that you have a lot of experience in those beaches, would you say it's essential to take with us a beach umbrella to enjoy them? If so, would the Consum in Vera sell some? Or is there a place where we can rent them?

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:19 AM »
It all depends on when and if you stay a long time lying on the beach. The sun can be strong during the summer, so it is always advisable to use sun oil and cover your head!
Some beaches (including Enmedia) have parts in the shade of rocks.
Personally, I'm not a fan of sitting for hours on the beach. I prefer to hike  and enjoy the beautiful scenery freely. And for that, the necessary = only sandals, hat, sun oil and water.
Enjoy !!!
From March to April and from September to early November are often very pleasant times to walk naked in this region.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 04:14:54 PM »
Thank you Kog, I’m sure we will enjoy ourselves come May!

Seeing that you enjoy so many nude walks in the region, do you have any experience in Sierra Almagrera close to Villaricos?

We have seen a few pictures of “El Arteal” abandoned mining town as well as what seems to be more ruins up in the mountain nearby. Have you ever been to any of these places? What’s your take on the possibility of nude honking in the area?

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 05:26:29 PM »
It's a project for this year.

Another goal is to hike around the area of ancient gold mines of Rodalquilar (Cabo de Gata). There is a beautiful walk to do there.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2019, 11:06:48 PM »
That one sounds great as well, will have to do some digging... We'll have to see how it goes for us in Almagrera then, and looking forward to reading about your experience when you do so as well!

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 03:14:40 PM »
So... I have been doing more research. I found a place up north called Bolnuevo that has 6 official nudist coves. There is a car path that leads and connects them. Presumably eveyone going there is nudist friendly. You can google "Cala desnuda" and you will find the place I'm referring to.

The little coves and beaches look great, however I'm wondering about the path leading and connecting the coves. We would like to know if walking along it in the nude would be frowned upon and/or we would be uncomfortable. Does anyone have experience in this particular region and/or can comment on the general attitudes in a situation like this?

Any general comments about your experiences will be appreciated. This is our first time in Spain and we want to enjoy it as much as possible but don't want to stray too far off from customs.

the sandeys

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 05:01:17 PM »
Hi,

We were there last summer.  The road only now goes as far as the first little cove, the remainder has been closed off to all traffic except bikes. No issue with sunbathing naked or hiking along the road to the other coves. However it is a quite a distance to each one especially when you have to carry everything you need for a day out in the sun.  There are two routes to get there, one via the toll road and the other across country which is a bit more of a difficult drive. 
There are plenty of deserted coves you can visit and park very close to without going as far as that.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 05:52:05 PM »
Thanks for the detailed information! i had read about the road closure to cars, however the path there seems to be interesting and beautiful. So you think that we could leave all our clothes in the car and walk toward the coves with no issues?

Also, would love some tips on those other deserted coves you mention :) Thanks!

the sandeys

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 05:47:55 PM »
Apologies for the delay in responding. Yes,you can de-robe in the car park and then walk down the path to whichever beach you prefer. We met people en route that were clothed but no one took any notice of us whatsoever. 
If you follow the main road out of Villaricos you will see on your right hand side many paths and dirt roads down to little coves.Most have stoney beaches but are deserted most of the time and are great for snorkelling. 
In addition I found the walking trails map but it is almost impossible to transcribe the five routes to you. If you google ' Velez Blanco Walking Trails ' you will find the map of the trails, the distances and degrees of difficulty etc.  Velez Blanco is about an hours drive, fabulous scenery and lovely trails.  Also if you go up to that region through the Velez Rubio tourist website you can book a trek up one of the hills to the original Indalo man cave paintings, cost was 2 Euros payable to the ranger/guide on the day.  Velex Rubio is the town before you get to Velez Blanco.  Hope this helps you.