Author Topic: Hiking 2.0  (Read 1693 times)

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
Re: Hiking 2.0
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 05:55:02 PM »
Thank you Ian/Cyd. This is all very helpful. We are very excited about our upcoming trip and having never been to Spain before we want to enjoy it as much as possible but without getting ourselves in an embarrassing situation.

Will definitely check out the places and walks you suggest! Just a clarifying note, I assume this last ones (specially where you pay) are to be done with clothes on?  ;D

the sandeys

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:58 PM »
Hi,
Yes, the very last one with the ranger/guide to visit the Indalo man cave paintings has to be done with your clothes on. The five walks in Velez Blanco are entirely clothing optional.  We only saw a few people on bikes and they just waved at us naked ramblers as they went by.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 09:27:29 PM »
Thanks for all the insights! It seems that between Cabo de Gata, Mazarrón and possibly Sierra Almagrera and Velez Blanco we will have enough nude hikes to fill our vacations  :;:

andynpatti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 12:36:25 AM »
We often hike in the hills just north of Vera Playa. We drive to the village of Los Lobos about 20  minutes away. From the village cross the dry river bed and head up a valley into the hills. You see lots of old mining works and some great views. It's helpful to have somebody with you that knows some of the routes but not essential. BE CAREFUL if you go off the track. There are many very deep unprotected mine shafts.

The walks in Cabo de Gata are fine as well with no clothes off season. We have walked from Agua Armaga and from San Jose. Ideal time is April , May, September and October when it's not too hot.

When are you likely to be there?

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 01:09:04 AM »
Thank you Andy and Patti! We are planning on being there on the end of May. We understand it will be offseason but warm enought to enjoy the beach and pool but not so much that we will roast hiking. I hope that's the case :)

For Sierra Almagrera we had seen an apparently abandoned mining complex called "El Arteal", there seems to be a few ruins up the mountains near that location. We hadn't seen Los Lobos but will check it out, what do you think is best?

We wouldn't have a guide with us so we would preferably like a safe intuitive or marked path to the ruins up the hills. Don't want to end up lost or worse. However I think that easiness will be tricky to balance with enough seclusion to be able to hike nude comfortably, would preferably try to not run into a lot of other hikers. Do you think those mountains are good for nudity or you wouldn't recommend?

Thanks!