Author Topic: Weather Forecast or Just plain guessing?  (Read 329 times)

waynegailwallace

• Offline Offline
Weather Forecast or Just plain guessing?
« on: September 02, 2018, 06:14:46 PM »
Hello, we will be in Vera Playa on September 21 for our first visit. Can someone please provide your best guessing for the weather that week? Also we will be celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary and appreciate any nice restaurants for that celebration.
Thanks again ya'll and see you soon.
Peace,
Big Dog and Gail

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
Re: Weather Forecast or Just plain guessing?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 06:12:01 PM »
I'm reluctant to recommend restaurants as everyone has different experiences, but we found the fillet steak at Lua (opposite Consum (see map on the main website)) was the best we have EVER had anywhere, though not cheap it was worth it as a one-off (married 34 years this year).

On arrival (7:30pm) they were a little lapse in finding us a table (despite being virtually empty) but once we were seated the service was excellent - I understand that the table service dips later in the evening when they get really busy. The English dine early and the Spanish dine late and I hear that booking is essential after 8pm.

Four fillet steaks, four Irish coffees and two bottles of wine was 170 Euros.

waynegailwallace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 03:43:10 PM »
Thanks for the good information. We are really looking forward to getting there in 5 days. WooHoo! Just a couple more questions from the VP newbies. Are there newspapers printed in English? I'm also wondering if there might be any other Americans wandering around? Any recommendations about the best coffees? Also how about the Consum market? Is it near the Torremar Naturista area where we will be? Thanks again, see ya'll soon.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 04:08:51 PM »
Torremar Naturista is very close to Consum …. click the "website" icon (above) and then the Vera Playa map to find your way around  :)