Author Topic: Hello from Florida  (Read 631 times)

waynegailwallace

• Offline Offline
Hello from Florida
« on: July 18, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »
My wife and I are planning to finally get to Vera Playa in September and we are asking for advice about travel. We are looking to fly to Gatwick and onto Spain. We are arranging accommodations in Vera Natura for a week. What are your experiences and recommendations? What is the most convenient airport? How about hiring a car?
Thanks,
Wayne and Gail Wallace

zvone

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Re: Hello from Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 11:45:02 PM »
My wife and I was two weeks in Torremar Natura complex.We came early in the morning at Murcia airport (from Dublin with Aerlingus) and rent a car from La Manga (small company) for two weeks (403 euro with insurance). If you just coming just for sun and beach, car is not necessary but save you time and you have freedom to visit nice place around (Garrucha, Mojacar...) without waiting for local bus lines. I'm not sure but I think that Murcia airport is nearest to Vera Playa.

dalg

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »
The nearest airport to fly into is Almeria. About 1 hour drive to Vera Playa. I would recommend hiring a car but do this online before you arrive it is a lot cheaper than just hiring at the airport. It is an easy drive from Almeria, and is motorway most of the way with no tolls. From Murcia there is a toll road and it takes about 1.5 hours

waynegailwallace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 03:02:47 PM »
Wow! We will have our first wake up in VP next Saturday. Does anyone have any recommendations for some good coffee and/or Bloody Mary's? See ya'll next week!!!