Author Topic: Internet speeds and costs?  (Read 1027 times)

belfbri

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Re: Internet speeds and costs?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »
And just to add, Parque Vera was only coming up with ADSL

UK couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 01:11:04 AM »
Well I didn't make it to the Vodafone shop in the end as I was viewing more properties right up until I left Vera yesterday morning. Vodafone seem to be the only one offering fibre, I guess the own the cables. Their coverage checker is a bit different from Orange and Movistar in that it doesn't ask for block numbers, flat numbers and all those more intricate details of the address - just the street and number. From that and from talking to the owner of the flat I stayed in, it sounds like if fibre is going in to the cabinet on the complex then you should be able to get it. The owner said they ran the fibre cable from the cabinet to his flat when they installed, so it's not using any existing lines from the cabinet. So I tried working out which complexes have it and it seems Bahia de Vera, Torremar Natura, Vera Natura and Natura World have coverage. I was only looking at naturist developments so there are probably others. Mirador de Vera is where I stayed, so it's available there.

For the ones that said there was no fibre but ADSL, all it quoted was a download of "up to" 30Mbps. It didn't mention upload but with ADSL I wouldn't expect it to be more than about 2Mbps.

It's tricky, because until you actually book an installation and they do a site survey, you won't know for sure, which is too late once you've already bought the property. I think I'll investigate renting a desk in an office somewhere nearby as a backup. Yes, it would be nice to be able to stream 4K from Netflix, but I can live without that. The most important thing for me is that I'm able to work.

You've done a GREAT job! Many Thanks.
All a bit confusing and it does sound like its going to be hard work attempting to find a place which will definitely have decent broadband.
I'll buy you a drink for your efforts one day !  ;D

UK couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 01:12:58 AM »
And just to add, Parque Vera was only coming up with ADSL

Again - Muchas Gracias amigo!  :y