Author Topic: Has the new anti-nudist law been applied to anyone?  (Read 6936 times)

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
Re: Has the new anti-nudist law been applied to anyone?
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2018, 16:22:16 PM »
The police also patrol the beaches on quad bikes (nice work if you can get it) !

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2018, 16:27:40 PM »
Yes! Forgot about that. We saw several this last time and one actually sprayed sand up and gave some people laying on the beach a light covering near us! Having just plastered sun oil on not the sort of thing you want trying to remove sand from .......well best not to go there!

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: 12 June 2018, 18:21:01 PM »
Personally, I welcome the police on the beach and surrounding areas (all be it without getting a sandblasting  LOL).

Vera Playa is a family friendly naturist resort and perhaps it's the regular police presence that helps keep it that way .... we don't want it to become another Cap d'Agde plus they might deter other anti-social behaviour and/or crime !

Regarding the no-go area North of the naturist beach, that's their law in their country so it should be respected ! 
If someone wants to walk further in the buff, why not just turn around and walk the designated naturist section more than once - what's the problem ?

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: 12 June 2018, 20:07:15 PM »
I agree 100% with your last post Phil. And as I put in an earlier post on this thread, I did indeed walk the naturist section more than once and found it perfect.

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: 12 June 2018, 20:31:34 PM »
The police do drive occasionally around the roads near the beach but I have never seen police on either the naturist or textile beaches.  The chances of the police warning or fining someone for being naturist on the textile beach to the north of El Chumbo are very low. There are no warning signs on the beach that naturist use is banned so ignorance of the ban would be a valid excuse (not every visitor looks at Phil's map).

There are warning signs on Vera Playa both textile and naturist beaches that dogs and fishing are banned during the summer. Those bans are ignored regularly  and I have never seen any enforcement action by the police or Vera Council beach staff.

I like to hit the beach early and have seen a jeep telling the people fishing to pack up, although they'd clearly been at it several hours by then and it wasn't a stern telling off. They ignored the dogs.

I've seen Guardia Civil on the beach before in a jeep, when it was packed. They just go up towards el chumbo then down again, not sure if they leave the beach by cota zero or head further along towards Garrucha.   

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: 17 June 2018, 18:04:10 PM »
Next time I see a Jeep in that area I’m going to ask them the position and clarafecation
That should solve it

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: 19 June 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
If one is walking back from the northern side and a Jeep appears on the horizon is it not
Legal to walk along the shoreline? Or slip on a wrap
Is Phil’s map a legal document or a simple indecation of boundary
If not should clarification be obtained from the powers that be

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: 19 June 2018, 11:44:27 AM »
With all due respect 1916, this is getting a little tiresome.

Phil (expressing a personal opinion).
« Last Edit: 19 June 2018, 16:02:24 PM by Phil B-C »

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: 19 June 2018, 11:54:19 AM »
Is Phil’s map a legal document or a simple indecation of boundary

The "Vera Playa naturist zone" map (herein afterwards referred to as "the map") is a stylised representation of the area commonly known as the "Vera Playa naturist zone".

The map is intended for broad and general informational purposes only and is intended for the broad and general guidance and assistance of visitors to the area, it is not suitable for legal, engineering, or surveying purposes.
Being stylised, the map does not represent an on-the-ground survey and represents only the approximate relative location of roads, footpaths, property boundaries and/or traditionally accepted naturist areas (subject to change without notice) and/or traditionally accepted naturist friendly business establishments (subject to change without notice) as depicted on the date of publication but no permissions regarding naturist friendly establishments (assumed or implied) applies as this is obviously beyond our control and sometimes tends to change on a day-to-day basis.
Vera Playa Friends and/or its administrator(s) and/or moderator(s) make no warranty, representation or guarantee as to the content, sequence, accuracy or completeness of any of the information provided on the map irrespective of the date of publication.
The information contained in the map is believed to be accurate on the date indicated but accuracy is not guaranteed and the information contained in the map is not to be used or construed as a "legal description".   
The reader should not rely on any of the data provided on the map for any reason.
In no event will Vera Playa Friends and/or its administrator(s) and/or moderator(s) be liable for any damages, including loss of profits, business interruption, liberty, or other pecuniary loss (fines or otherwise) that might arise from the use of the map and/or the information it contains.
The user(s) of the map agree to bear the full responsibility for his/her own safety and/or conduct in any circumstances howsoever or whatsoever arising from any activity (naked or otherwise) within the limits shown on the map.
If you understand and agree to these terms, you are free to and agree to browse, copy, print, share or otherwise make use of the map.
Any errors or omissions can be reported to the administrator(s) or moderator(s) of Vera Playa Friends for consideration.

So, in answer to your question 1916, I'm sure the map is not a "legal document" (although I'm pretty sure I have covered all I can think of above) however, I'm open to suggestions/edits to cover myself and/or Vera Playa Friends if anybody can think of any ?   :)

If not should clarification be obtained from the powers that be

Whilst the subject has been covered elsewhere in this forum with numerous links to documents and/or newspaper articles, please feel free to conduct your own research and/or your own personal clarification   :)

Phil   :)
« Last Edit: 20 June 2018, 18:12:47 PM by Phil B-C »

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2018, 21:28:07 PM »
Not very pleased with your attitude if it so tiresome to answer I won’t bring it up again bye

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2018, 21:57:08 PM »
1916, why on earth don't you ask SENSIBLE questions on here instead of trying every means to try and get around the laws. Better still, go and walk naked along north of VP, get stopped by the police and you can have all your answers in one foul swoop!

I don't know how you can say anything about Phil's attitude as I believe he has the patience of a saint to have tolerated you up to today.

If you have indeed gone (as per your ''bye'') then the forum will not suffer.

dorset lad

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2018, 22:31:24 PM »
Thanks Phil, you do a great job with that Map, MOST of us find it very useful.
With all the various comments on the " No Naturist beyond this point or risk a 750 euro fine " is there a official sign marking the demarcation line ?. I do not want to risk a fine when visiting in September.
Comparing your map with a Google Earth search it looks like somewhere near the second lot of rocks past the hotel, am I right ?.

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: 20 June 2018, 07:38:13 AM »
The invisible demarcation line on the beach is where you see El Chumbo chiringuito and the rocks in front of it. There are no warning signs.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: 20 June 2018, 08:59:00 AM »
The invisible demarcation line on the beach is where you see El Chumbo chiringuito and the rocks in front of it. There are no warning signs.

As Roy says, the demarcation line is (virtually) at "El Chumbo" (technically it's the the dry river bed immediately to it's left) although it must be pointed out that this landmark represents the start of the Cuevas Del Almanzora administrative area (who imposed the by-law) and not the end of the naturist beach. 
The traditional northern limit of the "official" naturist beach (going back many years) was always (what is now known as) Chiringuito "Playa Turquesa" as shown on the map.
To the best of my knowledge, the Vera Playa map is the only document published on-line aimed specifically for naturists and warning them of this new by-law ... as Roy says, there are no signs !
I fully acknowledge that "El Chumbo" and the river bed are off the map so the indicated warning on the map is slightly south of the actual (un-signposted) demarcation line (but never-the-less, considerably north of the historic limit to the official naturist beach) so there is a reasonable buffer zone for those who take it upon themselves to proceed/risk walking that far   :)

Phil
« Last Edit: 22 June 2018, 13:30:02 PM by Phil B-C »

dorset lad

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: 20 June 2018, 22:50:53 PM »
Thank You Roy and Phil for this info, it has put my mind at rest now.
From previous September visits I expect there will now be a lot of naturist that bring their camper vans down to this  prohibited area being very disappointed.