Author Topic: Problems creating albums and uploading photos  (Read 253 times)

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
Problems creating albums and uploading photos
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 09:02:23 PM »
OK, let's take this step by step.

Please explain what problem you are having carefully step by step, maybe even PM me and I'll try to deal with you personally. I've tried to follow this thread to understand what is going on but can't quite understand what the problem is.

So let's start over again and take it steady.

btw, I didn't write any of the software for this forum, it is all out of the box, so please stick with me while I try to get to bottom of any problem.

andreas, let's start with your problem

Alan
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 AM by Alan - The Webmaster »
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 07:52:19 PM »

Or PS
I assume this is your album http://www.veraplayafriends.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=30
the "add an item to this album" should be on this page

That's my album, but clicking on it gives me this...

I think i found the issue

Click on "edit" (on your album page)

There should be a field called "Permission profile" > select default profile from the select box, click Submit

this should or may then show the "add an item to this album" button....

andreas

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »
OK, I've created a gallery, called "Bonaire 2006", there are no photos in it.  If I go to Media Gallery, and then click on "My Albums", I can see the album.  If I click on the name of the album, I see the screen shot I posted earlier.  Nowhere is there anything which suggests I can add photos to the album.

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 09:35:53 PM »
andreas,

OK I have an idea what the problem is, I'll get back to you

Alan

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
andreas,

Please try again, your account had some permissions incorrectly set

Alan

andreas

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 10:39:11 PM »
andreas,

Alan

Incorrectly set by me?  Or by you?  Or by the forum software?  And would this affect other people who want to post on the Media Gallery?

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 11:42:04 PM »
Not sure how it got set wrong but it definitely wasn't set by you. It was probably set at software installation and would affect some members but not all. I have fixed it for all relevant members.

My investigation into this problem, a total of 26 members could have been affected about half of those haven't been active on the forum for several years.

Alan 

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 01:04:29 AM »
andreas,

Alan

Incorrectly set by me?  Or by you?  Or by the forum software?  And would this affect other people who want to post on the Media Gallery?

Glad you guys sorted it. And thanks for i nice friendly forum (often rare these days!).
Running forums and with multiple with add-ons to do what you need it always tricky... so many tick boxes, that even Bill Gates would not know what they all do at times....although always something simple but only when you know how...

Looks nice where you are/were Andreas, great photos!

We hope to be in Vera very soon & will try to post a few more photos + no doubt we will have lots more questions :-)

Jon & Marianne

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
Hello All and Admins

I have added an Album, but ticked the writer permissions box, that i think allows any member to post to the album.
I have titled the album "Members Naturist Photo Gallery"
Maybe this will help, if members are struggling to add their own album.
(of course if Admins don't want this, remove, rename or take ownership of the album, etc)

We have started it off with a few (4) photos of us.

Jon & Marianne

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Online Online
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 03:19:10 PM »
I'm sorry Jon, that's not the way it works !

Each member can have his/her own album(s) within the media gallery for which they are responsible and (more importantly) in sole control.   Contrary to your theory, despite altering the "permissions" YOU (having created the album) would have still had overall control over your "communal" album (and other member's images within that album) and for this reason "communal albums" were not and are not intended or permitted.

As was highlighted yesterday, it is also important that members do not "tinker" with permissions etc. !   Whilst some of these might look "odd", they are overridden by the overall forum permissions (guests, newbies etc).

I have now changed the permissions on your "communal album" to "admin only" and removed the contents but you are welcome to re-post your latest images within your own album(s).

I fully appreciate that you are trying to help and acknowledge that the creation of a first album is confusing (to say the least) but this is beyond our control as it is a "package" program and owing to it's complexity the instructions can be equally difficult to comprehend.

However, I have spent all morning on a revised "pictorial" instruction set which should (I hope) make life a lot easier for everyone.

This is now posted in the ""Media Gallery Guidelines and instructions" board

Phil 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:21:18 PM by Phil B-C »

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
Re: Problems creating albums and uploading photos
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 05:14:23 PM »
I'm sorry Jon, that's not the way it works !

Each member can have his/her own album(s) within the media gallery for which they are responsible and (more importantly) in sole control.   Contrary to your theory, despite altering the "permissions" YOU (having created the album) would have still had overall control over your "communal" album (and other member's images within that album) and for this reason "communal albums" were not and are not intended or permitted.

As was highlighted yesterday, it is also important that members do not "tinker" with permissions etc. !   Whilst some of these might look "odd", they are overridden by the overall forum permissions (guests, newbies etc).

I have now changed the permissions on your "communal album" to "admin only" and removed the contents but you are welcome to re-post your latest images within your own album(s).

I fully appreciate that you are trying to help and acknowledge that the creation of a first album is confusing (to say the least) but this is beyond our control as it is a "package" program and owing to it's complexity the instructions can be equally difficult to comprehend.

However, I have spent all morning on a revised "pictorial" instruction set which should (I hope) make life a lot easier for everyone.

This is now posted in the ""Media Gallery Guidelines and instructions" board

Phil

Hello Phil

No problems, and understood
Sorry for the delay in my reply. we were on the road, driving to Vera... there now, its hot....

Jon & Marianne