Author Topic: Second Home in Antas  (Read 3391 times)

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
Second Home in Antas
« on: 26 May 2018, 21:27:53 PM »
Hello All and thank you for the forum and letting us Join

We are Jon and Marianne.
We have now rented a long term (hopefully permanent) second home in Antas. We are due to get the keys and spend our first month there from the 4th June :-)

Are we Naturists: we are not sure :-) but we are not shy, we don't mind been naked in public (if others are of course) and are not offended with other people being naked.
We are happy on a nudist beach (nude of course!) and much prefer a nudist beach to a clothed beach, we both love to swim naked (we think swimming clothed feels funny, like having a bath with clothes on :-)). Again (weather permitting), we are happy naked around our own home, sunbathing and swimming, etc.
I am not sure if i would call us naturists though.... as we don't want  (or feel a need or desire) to be naked everywhere, mainly beaches and in the privacy of our own home/villa (even if friends are around, we are OK with this), etc.

Anyway, we joined as we probably have 1001 questions about moving to the Vera area. Silly questions like where to buy things, what are the best beaches, etc...
This looks a friendly, helpful forum, maybe we will make some friends, hopefully be good active members and hopefully get some advice of our big move....

That's all for now....
Attached is a quick photo of us, to put a face to the names.

Jon & Marianne xx
« Last Edit: 28 May 2018, 12:15:12 PM by Phil B-C »
living life, loving not hating

andreas

Re: Second Home in Antas
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2018, 22:42:00 PM »
Welcome! I'm sure you'll love the Vera Playa beach.  The main Vera Playa beach is friendly, a nice family naturist beach, with several great beach bars for a leisurely naturist lunch, and enough space to go for a gentle wander after lunch. Whilst there are some hard-core nudists who have to be naked all the time, most of us are fairly sensible, like you, and cover up if the temperature demands!  We're there from 8 June for about 10 days, and in the Natsun beach bar for lunch every day. 

jonvic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2018, 09:22:27 AM »
 I live just outside of Antas, in a place called La Huerta, just by Aljariz. If there is anything you want to ask about the area or where to get things, or need any help, let me know, Im sure I will bump into you one day.

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2018, 13:21:10 PM »
I live just outside of Antas, in a place called La Huerta, just by Aljariz. If there is anything you want to ask about the area or where to get things, or need any help, let me know, Im sure I will bump into you one day.

I think this is just around the corner from us too (although i cant find La Huerta on google).
Ohh i will have 1000s of questions :-)
one is: we have Instelnet for the internet, but it is only 10MB connection (and i think uses a little dish pointing at a mast). apparently there is 300MB fiber in Aljariz, but i cant find the company or prices. would you have any ideas?  !!:)

jonvic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2018, 14:08:29 PM »
Hiya, I havent heard of fibre broadband in aljariz,, I know they were installing in vera a few months ago, not even sure if its in Antas, I have next internet, works for me most of the time

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2018, 14:20:16 PM »
I have an agent arranging and swapping over all the bills for the property we rented. she said "I have just checked this afternoon that there is optic fiber internet up to 300MB now in Aljariz"
She did not say who with though, but was asking if i want to continue with Instelnet. As Instelnet was already installed, i have chosen to continue with them and change if they prove to be no good or not reliable (as i need very reliable internet to run my UK business from + i may start a Spanish business too, again over the internet...)

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2018, 14:21:06 PM »
I have an agent arranging and swapping over all the bills for the property we rented. she said "I have just checked this afternoon that there is optic fiber internet up to 300MB now in Aljariz"
She did not say who with though, but was asking if i want to continue with Instelnet. As Instelnet was already installed, i have chosen to continue with them and change if they prove to be no good or not reliable (as i need very reliable internet to run my UK business from + i may start a Spanish business too, again over the internet...)

How fast is Next Internet, and do you know where their website is?
i would like to check them out

jonvic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2018, 14:34:08 PM »
they go up to 15Mb their website is nextcommunicationes.com they have an office in Turre

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2018, 14:43:12 PM »
OK thats great, thanks. cheaper than i am paying for 10MB too

If mine stays at 10MB and works pretty much 99% of the time, i will be happy.

When you say you internet "works for me most of the time" can i ask how often this is?

Sorry, i did say we had 1000s of questions, but i will stop asking now :-)

Jon & Marianne

jonvic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2018, 15:08:05 PM »
its pretty reliable, occasionally maybe once a month or so it might go off for a few mins, but its never been off for long

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2018, 17:15:19 PM »
I have been a happy, satisfied Next customer for over 3 years. Next have been around for a few years, not here today gone tomorrow. Speeds have increased but not prices.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
Are we Naturists: we are not sure :-) but we are not shy, we don't mind been naked in public (if others are of course) and are not offended with other people being naked.
We are happy on a nudist beach (nude of course!) and much prefer a nudist beach to a clothed beach, we both love to swim naked (we think swimming clothed feels funny, like having a bath with clothes on :-)). Again (weather permitting), we are happy naked around our own home, sunbathing and swimming, etc.
I am not sure if i would call us naturists though.... as we don't want  (or feel a need or desire) to be naked everywhere, mainly beaches and in the privacy of our own home/villa (even if friends are around, we are OK with this), etc.

Sounds like the perfect description of a naturist couple to me   :)

Enjoy Vera Playa, you will love it.

SarahKe

• Offline Offline
  • Looking to move to Vera Playa
« Reply #12 on: 08 February 2019, 13:43:04 PM »
Does anyone have an update on the available Internet speeds and rough costs ?

SK
X

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: 24 February 2019, 03:15:41 AM »
it depends where you move too.
there is wireless internet in most places (NEXT and INSTALNET)
this are max of 15MB download and 2 MB upload for around €36 per month
if you can get fibre where you are located (from the big companies i.e Vodafone of MovieStar) these start at around 50MB download AND upload (generally the same up as down!!) up to 1GBPS (again up and down!) Vodafone is very reasonable on the 1GBPS at €56 per month. MovieStar seems to be much more!!
Prices are generally similar to the UK though.
I have had both NEXT and INSTALNET and both are reliable although a little slow.
Unfortunately for VodaFone and MovieStar you will need an NIE number before they will sell it to you... (mine is in the post so i plan to change to Vodafone soon!!!)

Hope this helps
Jon/Eddy

Richard

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Another Code Monkey
« Reply #14 on: 05 November 2020, 05:05:08 AM »
Welcome Eddy and Clair!  :;:

Love your post, welcome to VP. I've been living here for a year and love it.

You can get amazing internet service with first class support by an English managed company.
All their staff speak English. Phone and email support, bills in English, website in English etc.
Business service and private also.

I live in Natura World right near the Vera Playa Club Hotel and for about 60 euros / £50 quid a month I get this:

https://filedn.com/lFXB9oXtDO9VPShnrqJkS9u/Screenshot%202020-10-31%20at%2014.55.07.png

from Telitec:
https://www.telitec.com/

Richard