Author Topic: Naturist BnB  (Read 1841 times)

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
Naturist BnB
« on: May 17, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »
We're not yet Vera Playa owners but we live in hope!  One of the worries we have is being able to let the property when we are not using it ourselves.  The answer to this dream may be a new web service provided by a Finnish couple with the simple title: https://www.naturistbnb.com/
What do you think?

andreas

Re: Naturist BnB
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
We're not yet Vera Playa owners but we live in hope!  One of the worries we have is being able to let the property when we are not using it ourselves.  The answer to this dream may be a new web service provided by a Finnish couple with the simple title: https://www.naturistbnb.com/
What do you think?

Aren't there lots of regulations you need to adhere to?  Licensing, minimum standards, taxation, etc, are all burdens which you need to consider.

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 11:42:20 AM »
Yes, there are, Andreas and I see no reason why naturistbnb shouldn't be able to comply in the same way that airbnb does.

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »
With respect you seem to be missing the point.  If you own a property in Spain that you let, you as the owners are responsible for registering the property and meeting standards for holiday rental properties set by the Spanish authorities.  And if as I assume you will be non-resident in Spain for tax purposes you will be liable to pay non-resident tax on your property if you let it and also if you never let it. A lawyer or a good letting agent in Spain will be able to advise you on these issues but ultimately compliance is your responsibility as the owner of the property. 

andreas

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
You have to get a holiday rental licence for the property.  Amongst a whole load of other things, you need to have fitted aircon units in all bedrooms and lounge areas, which provide cooling for summer lets and heating for winter lets.  You have to provide all bedding, towels and household goods, including spare sets.  You have to clean the property before and after each let.  You have to have fire extinguishers, full medical kit, instructions for all appliances, a complaints book, written info on local restaurants, parking, public transport, medical services, etc, etc, etc.

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 02:02:03 PM »
Roy, Andreas, you are both preaching to the choir!  We are very aware of the difficulties and pitfalls and bumps in the road and we certainly never expected that a letting agency of any stripe will handle the registration and taxation - their job is to introduce the punters and our is to handle the bureaucracy!!  We shall definitely need a good letting agent and tax attorney and as much advice from people like yourselves who have bin-there-dun-that!
A biggish problem is the language.  Our Spanish is basic, to say the least.  I learned French and Latin in school and later Italian when I was stationed in Sardinia.  These languages are all related and helpful as we plough through the Duolingo courses online but I still confuse the barmaid by asking for a Birra instead of cerveza!

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 04:52:54 PM »
Even if you only speak basic Spanish it will be appreciated.  However the British are the largest group of foreign buyers of property in Spain and you will have no problem in the Vera/Vera Playa area finding a Spanish solicitor (abogado) who speaks excellent English. Unless you really know what you are doing find your own abogado and don't use one recommended by the estate agent. Opening a Spanish bank account is also easy as you will find the branch manager and most of the staff speak English. Or your abogado can arrange to open a Spanish bank account for you.

Maggie and Allan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »
Thanks for that, Roy.  Valuable stuff!

the sandeys

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »
Hi,

If you need a good local solicitor we can recommend one in Vera. When we purchased our property last year we researched and interviewed approx ten local solicitors before choosing which one to work with. They can also handle your non residents tax issues and  the local council tax if required. They got our water and electricity all sorted and switched on, direct debits set up including the payment for the bins on as part of the package.  In addition one phone call got our Spanish bank account opened within an hour.

eddyandclair

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 01:44:25 PM »
I cannot offer any information about the regulations of holiday letting, but i do know internet marketing.

https://www.naturistbnb.com/ is (as you say) a new site and relatively small compared to the better known "holiday letting sites".
To maximize you chances of renting it when you are not there, i would use multiple sites and even get yourself a basic website to advertise it too!
AirBnB is of course the largest, but there is homeaway.co.uk (part of ownersDirect) and i think Booking.com may also allow you to list privately owned properties now too.
You could carefully start a thread on TripAdviser (if it is within their rules) or ask a friend to leave you a genuine review there, and also post on any other forum that allows you to about your rental and always linking back to your own website.
if your property is nudist friendly, there must be several other naturist forums or sites where you may be allowed to advertise too.
Basically always be on the look out for new places you can place an advert or at least a link back to your own website. do not rely on only one website and i think you will be fine and have more rental requests than you can take.
Possibly use a rental agent too, if they allow you to also market the property yourself (maybe if you do add listings on other websites, you can add your rental agents contact details, so you dont have to take all the calls or emails)

Hope this helps