Author Topic: When can you use an outdoor pool in Vera Playa?  (Read 983 times)

UK couple

• Offline Offline
When can you use an outdoor pool in Vera Playa?
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:51:20 PM »
Hi, we were wondering if and when outdoor pools (on the various vera playa gated complexes) close?

Are they open all year round, or is it too cold to use them in certain months?

Many Thanks T & S

andreas

Re: When can you use an outdoor pool in Vera Playa?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 03:53:59 PM »
Some are heated, and are usable all year round.  Unheated ones tend to be very cold in the early part of the summer, but get warmer as the year progresses.

UK couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 04:22:03 PM »
Some are heated, and are usable all year round.  Unheated ones tend to be very cold in the early part of the summer, but get warmer as the year progresses.

Thanks, so there's not any 'usual' time of the year when outdoor pools are actually closed as such?

How cold does the temperature get in the winter - which months are too cold to sit on the beach for instance?

Thanks T&S

andreas

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 06:59:01 PM »

How cold does the temperature get in the winter - which months are too cold to sit on the beach for instance?

I guess it all depends on how hardy you are! I don't get naked on the beach in Vera before May, or after September, but others may be hardier.  But even when it's too cold on the beach, it can be pleasant enough in a sheltered balcony, etc.

UK couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 08:05:58 AM »

I guess it all depends on how hardy you are! I don't get naked on the beach in Vera before May, or after September, but others may be hardier.  But even when it's too cold on the beach, it can be pleasant enough in a sheltered balcony, etc.

Are the beaches mainly empty between September and May?

andreas

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:34 AM »

No, but certainly fewer people.  Hotel is closed for much of winter.  Some beach bars close.  Most sunbeds aren't operating. 

UK couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:53:31 PM »

No, but certainly fewer people.  Hotel is closed for much of winter.  Some beach bars close.  Most sunbeds aren't operating.

Thanks andreas, for your replies. Much appreciated, T&S

MikeR

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »
My infra-red thermometer said Bahía de Vera's outdoor pool was 19.5 C last week. I saw several people using it. On the same day I measured the sea temperature as 18.5 C and the indoor pool was 30 C

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 12:41:34 AM »
Hi, we were wondering if and when outdoor pools (on the various vera playa gated complexes) close?

Nominally, 10pm would be 'closing time'. In reality, I've used urbanisation pools at midnight, 200am, 400am...

The trick is not to make a lot of noise. A few lengths of a pool with a breaststroke at 200am won't disturb anyone, and on a hot, hot night can be refreshing when you return to your apartment. Obviously, a dozen people drunk at 200am in a pool can be an entirely different ballgame, but a couple of people in the pools taking care to be quiet won't bother anyone.

andreas

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »

Nominally, 10pm would be 'closing time'. In reality, I've used urbanisation pools at midnight, 200am, 400am...

I think the question related to time of year, not time of day...

UK couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 10:56:31 PM »

I think the question related to time of year, not time of day...

Yes - Time of year.

Paying big communal fees for a pool which is only open 6 months a year seems like a waste of money.