Author Topic: Vera Playa Club Hotel Pool  (Read 2393 times)

saunafan

Vera Playa Club Hotel Pool
« on: March 23, 2018, 07:45:16 AM »
Hello all,

does anyone know whether the VP hotel admits  day guests to their pool area? I am staying at one of the naturist apartment complexes, but would love to spend a day there.

Thanks!

yorkshireman

• Offline Offline
Re: Vera Playa Club Hotel Pool
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »
Hi, visitors are allowed into the Hotel only after 20:00 in the evening, so technically after the pool is closed. In my stays at the hotel, I have observed people coming in from outside and using the pool, especially when visiting friends who are staying in the hotel. It is not permitted though, and it is possible the outsiders would be asked to leave.

If just coming for a look round one day, I don't think there would be a problem. However if someone planned to use the pool and sunbeds every day, that's a different matter.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 12:10:42 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to pay for the activities that the hotel offers? Like minigolf and pool? Or is it strictly for guests?

saunafan

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 10:35:00 AM »
Hello Young Couple,

I checked on my last visit there. I asked the lady standing right at the door if it's ok to look at the pool area. She was very friendly and pointed me to the pool. That's not to say they allow day guests, but at least you can go in and take a look. Maybe it helped that I was naked, and not carrying anything that might suggest that I'd be staying for too long.

I took a quick dip in the pool and waited a bit to dry off before heading back out through the hotel lobby.

As a side note, the pool area looks much bigger in picutres of the hotel. It seemed a bit crowded for my taste.

Hope this helps a bit...

SF

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 03:49:03 AM »
Thanks saunafan, will definitely try this as it would be nice to have a look at the hotel!

plumber

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »
The layout of the pool and surrounding area is actually very good in my opinion - relatively easy to find a quiet spot in a bit of a shade and the pool itself is nice and never seen it overcrowded. That said, I am never there during the high(est) season.

Not sure I like the idea of people wondering in from the outside to have a dip though :).

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
"Not sure I like the idea of people wondering in from the outside to have a dip though" …

I quite agree, much the same as people wondering in to have a sneaky dip in a private urbanisation pool !

UweK

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 09:15:52 AM »
We had a look at the hotel yesterday afternoon. Instead of choosing an apartment in Apartmento Vera Playa, that is not in a good condition anymore, we would have taken a hotel room. The pool area is sheltered from the wind and very quiet. The deluxe suite with own Terrasse to the sea side, with a bathtub outside looks beautiful. Btw the pool in our urbanization is closed until May. We are looking at a beautiful unusable pool. 😩

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 09:29:41 AM »
We had a look at the hotel yesterday afternoon. Instead of choosing an apartment in Apartmento Vera Playa, that is not in a good condition anymore, we would have taken a hotel room. The pool area is sheltered from the wind and very quiet. The deluxe suite with own Terrasse to the sea side, with a bathtub outside looks beautiful. Btw the pool in our urbanization is closed until May. We are looking at a beautiful unusable pool. 😩

Some of the hotel rooms are quite 'dated' and the renewed ones cost more, so don't assume the room is that much nicer!

With that said I do like the hotel.

saunafan

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 02:29:04 PM »
Well in all fairness, I did ask and they said it's ok! It's not like that I was trespassing. There is a world of difference between going through the front door of a Hotel and asking to see the pool area, and sneaking into an urbanization. All that being said, I don't think that I stayed longer than 5 or 6 minutes. (dip --> got not even waist deep into the water and out again)

Cheers!

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:25 PM »
Well in all fairness .... you did say earlier that you asked if you could "look at the pool area" and them agreeing that "it was ok to look" !
This is not what transpired.
Personally, I don't see it any difference to asking if you could "look at the restaurant" and come out having sampled "a little bit" of the all inclusive food ! ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 08:59:36 AM by Phil B-C »