Author Topic: Buying property in VP - any advise please?  (Read 988 times)

Daniel1973

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Buying property in VP - any advise please?
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:09:05 PM »
We will arrive to VP in early March and are considering to check out few apartments advertised on fincasveraplaya.com and on idealista.com, and possibly buy...

Would anyone please be so kind and be willing to share some experience regarding:
1. what should we be careful about, any specific local issues, etc.?
2. what areas to avoid considering repeating floods in the area?
3. how to find reliable interpreter (Spanish-English) when dealing with local owners?

We have already applied for NIE and talked to Abaco Advisers/Solicitors, so have some theoretical idea how the process works in Spain... Anyways, any advice is highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Gregs

• Offline Offline
Re: Buying property in VP - any advise please?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »
Daniel,

I can highly recommend Next Stop Almeria and their website for advice on buying. As you are new to VPF you cannot message me but if you are willing to give an email, I will contact you. I have purchased twice and sold once over the last seven years.

Gregs

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
There are also urbanisations which are better than others, so worth seeing a few before considering buying on one. Bahia de Vera is very good, some nice properties for sale there too, a very good one opposite the pool, so do take time to have a good look around.

Daniel1973

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:24:58 PM »
Thanks Gregs and Sun4us,
My mail is daniel73@email.cz
I would highly appreciate your advice or any comments to my questions 1.-3. above...
Thanks & Regards,
Dan

chuzstok

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 04:23:27 AM »
Hi

If you are planning on buying on an urbanisation think about what time of the year you will be staying there, if you like year round swimming think about one that has a heated pool for the winter, Also which way the property faces so you get maximum sun in the winter if it is cool.

Regards

Keith and Peter

We bought through Next Stop Almeria, can  not fault them, they were and still are a mine of information to us.

Daniel1973

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 06:08:20 PM »
Keith, Peter,
Thanks for your advice, appreciate that.
Have nice day!
Dan

Daniel1973

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 07:20:37 PM »
In regards to NextStopAlmeria - I was deeply disappointed (especially after all good reviews) by very confusing and reluctant way of communication and weak customer service from their side (almost never picked-up the phone and never returned the calls). After exhausting email exchange we came to conclusion that any rental related management services (e.g. key-holding, cleaning, maintenance, etc.) could be provided ONLY if client buys a property from their quite limited offer (which means they first want to get the fee from purchase transaction). If you do not buy property through them, then do not expect any good treatment.