Author Topic: Murcia Airport  (Read 743 times)

Dotty

• Offline Offline
Murcia Airport
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:45:07 PM »
This was sent to me by one of my FB friends.

Airport chief appointed to handle Corvera transfer

ANY hopes that residents in south-east Spain might have been harbouring over the future of passenger operations at Murcia-San Javier airport were crushed on Friday with the appointment of a top official to oversee the move to Corvera.
Full report in Friday’s Costa Blanca News

andreas

Re: Murcia Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »
That's surely a rather negative summary of the situation.  The new airport isn't far away, and people travelling to Vera Playa won't be greatly inconvenienced.

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
Re: Murcia Airport
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:50:23 PM »
I think the article reflects that many residents around San Javier would have preferred the airport to remain there and Corvera to remain closed, purely from a convenience perspective. Corvera is not too far away but is not as convenient for Costa Calida residents, both Spanish and ex-pats, as San Javier/Murcia is. I visited the airport when last in my house in Spain and it is roughly the same time from either to my house, though the road approaching Corvera is a much slower road than the highway from San Javier.

Vera Playa visitors shouldn't really notice much difference. It may take some time but I expect that better transport links, by coach, will become the norm at Corvera to various destinations such as Vera and Mojacar. I also don't really expect to see any movement in terms of actual air traffic using Corvera until at least end 2019.