Author Topic: Bank cash machine charges  (Read 315 times)

Roy

• Offline Offline
Bank cash machine charges
« on: June 18, 2017, 01:46:53 PM »
I have noticed that more Spanish banks are making a charge for withdrawing cash at an ATM with a UK debit card.  The charge of 1 Euro or so per transaction, irrespective of the amount withdrawn, is in addition to any currency conversion charges you have to pay.

Cajamar and Banco Popular don't charge for withdrawing cash at an ATM using a UK debit card. Does anyone know of other banks that don't currently make a charge?

rosa

• Offline Offline
Re: Bank cash machine charges
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »
Sabadell Bank at Puerto Rey charged me 1,80 Euro for withdrawing 400 Euros with a Dutch debit card a week ago.

MikeR

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 06:48:56 PM »
My Santander 123 debit card does not charge and gives the Visa exchange rate at its branches.

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »
My Santander 123 debit card does not charge and gives the Visa exchange rate at its branches.

Unless they have changed the TOC's the Santander 123 debit card has a whopping 1.5% added to it if you use it abroad, with the exception of using a Santander ATM in Spain. The 123 Credit Card is currently fee free in Europe.

Halifax have a debit card that allows fee free withdrawals abroad, Nationwide used to but people abused it (so they claim) and it is now a £10 a month account.

I think OP meant that the actual ATM operator added the charge though, so even if your bank or BS doesn't add a charge you would still be charged by the ATM operator. A bit like those cash machines that used to charge you £2.