Author Topic: Ryanair  (Read 734 times)

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« on: January 08, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
Finally managed to book our flights with Ryanair.
Having created a profile with them a couple of years ago (to speed things up) their booking website wouldn't recognise my email address.
We eventually found a number for "customer services" (a headache in itself).
Customer services charge you 13p per minute to tell you that they have updated their website and it won't recognise any previous profiles or email addresses so offer to book the flight for you for a further £15 each per flight (£60).

To cut a long story short, if you are trying to book with Ryanair, persevere with the website and save £ 60 as it eventually remembered who I was (contrary to what they told me on the phone).

Now nursing a G&T to get over the trauma. 

Marmite is one thing, Ryanair must be even more of an 'acquired taste' !    >:(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:29:41 PM by Phil B-C »

freddie

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Re: Ryanair
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »
I g o a long way to avoid Ryan Air. I'm travelling Thomas Cook airlines to VP June/July 2017.

andreas

• Offline Offline
Re: Ryanair
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »
We use Ryanair all the time.  I have a stored profile, and used it a week ago to book flights to Mallorca in September, no problems.  If you treat Ryanair as a bus with wings, it's excellent.  They are punctual, checked baggage works well, inflight food isn't great, but the coffee is OK.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »
Don't get me wrong, we always use Ryanair (basically because we have no choice as they fly from our local airport).

My point in posting was (despite what we were told on the phone by their "customer services"), if their site won't let you log-in, don't believe them, save £60 and persevere with the on-line booking via their website.

As you say, their flights are on time but I/we are wary that "extras" do seem to be a company priority   ;)