Author Topic: Moving back  (Read 2939 times)

Itsme00

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Moving back
« on: November 06, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »
Hi
We're Dave and Linda and lived in Turre for a few years we had to return to the Uk for family reasons but are now retiring in Jan 2017 and returning to live over there for good, we are looking for a long term rental which is proving very hard at the moment, when we lived there we had a choice of property, but now it seems to be thin on the ground, if anyone hears of anything up for long term please let us know, ideally we would like a rural villa, in quiet location without any neighbours, ( I know it's difficult and I'm sure we will have to take what's available) would like it to be modern , with or without pool.
Thanks , we're counting the days to coming over to look which is Jan 2017, and ferry booked for 22/3/17 for the permanent move

Dotty

• Offline Offline
Re: Moving back
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:00:49 AM »
I understand there are new rules now on letting. Certain things are required and I believe you have to register, Only what I've heard. This could be the reason rentals are a bit thin on the ground.

cp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:01:26 AM »
I understand there are new rules now on letting. Certain things are required and I believe you have to register, Only what I've heard. This could be the reason rentals are a bit thin on the ground.
!!:)

You are right Dotty, new rules were introduced in spain in general ( Early this year i believe )particually with registering the property as for rent..

As i understand it is just about having basics and Health & safety rules checked and verified.. which is good really, I have seen a lot of rentals being rented that you wouldn't think were fit for the purpose, and some quite dangerous in regards to unsafe electrics etc..

Dotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »
One of the things I was told about, is that all bedrooms now have to have aircon. Don't know how true this is but it's an added expense, both to install and run, so this could put some people off renting.

cp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 05:18:00 PM »

I haven't heard of that yet, but it could be so... they seem to add things in all the time... And as you say quite rightly it is an added expense to fit and then run, especially as people leave them on even when not in..

andreas

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »
One of the things I was told about, is that all bedrooms now have to have aircon.

I heard it was all bedrooms plus the main living area.  I believe there are also requirements to record passport details etc and run along to some official office to register them within 24 hours or so.  In other words, they're making it as awkward as possible for people to rent out their apartments.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 06:24:37 PM by andreas »

cp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 06:41:33 PM »
One of the things I was told about, is that all bedrooms now have to have aircon.

I heard it was all bedrooms plus the main living area.  I believe there are also requirements to record passport details etc and run along to some official office to register them within 24 hours or so.  In other words, they're making it as awkward as possible for people to rent out their apartments.
I Agree andreas. I like some of the safetyl rules but other than that it gets silly

rosa

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 05:10:27 PM »
Regarding new rules on letting, search on this forum "holiday property rental law".

cp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »