Author Topic: Alhambra/Granada  (Read 1864 times)

Carol.Mike

• Offline Offline
Alhambra/Granada
« on: August 29, 2016, 08:11:00 PM »
Are there any tours to Granada and the Alhambra that depart from Vera Playa or close by?

Thanks,

Roy

• Offline Offline
Re: Alhambra/Granada
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:04:35 PM »
Why go on a tour?  It's an easy and scenic drive there.  Stay in a hotel in or near Granada for the night - plenty to choose from. There is parking at the Alhambra but book admission tickets online well in advance.

Roy

Carol.Mike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:56 AM »
The problem is that tickets for any time in Sept or Oct are already showing as sold out. The only way to get in is by a tour.

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
Are you looking for tickets on the official Alhambra site?  I have just checked and it is showing tickets available for most days in September and every day in October.

Roy

Kmmed

• Offline Offline

John Devon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
We're coming to VP in September, hiring a car at Alicante airport, which we can use to go to Granada.
I booked a guided tour for the Alhambra last month and could only get in at 10.00 am. The afternoons were fully booked.

John Devon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 03:30:33 PM »
It was an easy and scenic drive from VP to Granada, although the motorway through Granada was very busy! Took about three hours from VP to getting to the meeting point at the Alhambra - and no tolls :D

uninhibited

• Online Online
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
John, can you tell me if parking was easy when arriving into Granada? I keep promising myself to go and my wife is looking forward to it but a friend of ours from Mojacar went and said he had a problem parking.

Thanks in appreciation

Roy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 07:53:08 PM »
I was there two years ago in early September.  There is a large official car park at the Alhambra itself.  Arrive before 11am to be sure of a space.  On the way there expect someone to try to direct you into an unofficial car park in a field. 

Parking in Granada itself is like parking in any large Spanish town or city - problematic unless you know the place well or use the mostly metered on or off street parking or a multi -storey car park.  My wife and I decided to stay the night in a hotel in Granada and spend a whole day there. So we chose a hotel with its own secure underground parking (we used the Ibis - part of the French Accor hotel group).

John may have more up to date advice and information as he has been to Granada recently.

Roy

John Devon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »
I think Roy's got it right. We had no difficulty getting a shady place for the car in the official car park, close to the steps/ramp down to the concourse. After the Alhambra and Generalife tour we walked down into the city. It's a long pull back up though (we could have taken the bus!).
Go for the official car park - it WILL be closer, if slightly more pricey, but not outrageous.
I repeat what I said in my earlier post viz: book ahead for the guided tour. !!:)

uninhibited

• Online Online
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 08:20:58 PM »
Many thanks