Author Topic: Questions about the staying at VP in Oct  (Read 4413 times)

Smedholt

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Questions about the staying at VP in Oct
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
Hi there.

First off: We are a couple (he 43, she 32) who are very social. We love to chat with new people and make new friends. We love being nude and people around us love when we are nude too ;-) Now the summer is over here in Sweden but we feel we need a few more nude, sunny days before going into the winter hibernation.

So we've been looking into Vera Playa for a while and been comparing the different choices of lodging. At the moment we are considering the Club Hotel at the beginning of October but before we book everything we would like to hear your opinion about that choice.

What we are looking for is this:

* A nice place to sleep with air condition. No luxury needed.
* Nice weather (above 22-23'C at least)
* Possible to swim in the ocean (above 20'C)
* A big pool and outdoors area where you can be nude
* Half board / Full board / All Inclusive
* Cleaning included
* WiFi
* Closeness to the nude beach
* A good mix of guests in all ages. Not only 60+ people
* Families with kids and teens (Makes good atmosphere)
* Lots of other nude people around us. We don't like being alone. We are too social for that.
* Not sexual. At least not public. What people do in private time is up to them.

So, considering these things, would you say the club hotel is a good choice for us?

P.S. Yes, the attached pic is of us ;-)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:22:42 AM by nakenfisarna »

aaron

• Offline Offline
Re: Questions about the staying at VP in Oct
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »
Hi!

I've stayed in the hotel a few times now, it's a little dated but fine for what it is. You could look at apartments as well.

* A nice place to sleep with air condition. No luxury needed.
Yes

* Nice weather (above 22-23'C at least)
* Possible to swim in the ocean (above 20'C)
I've never been in October so not sure about weather then, hopefully someone else can advise

* A big pool and outdoors area where you can be nude
Yes, the pool is lovely

* Half board / Full board / All Inclusive
The hotel offers all 3. I usually just get the room, plenty of places to eat in VP (see the map)

* Cleaning included
Yes

* WiFi
It's paid in the hotel, you get 60 mins a day free in the bar area. Many bars and restaurants have it free.

* Closeness to the nude beach
The hotel has a gate leading directly to the beach.

* A good mix of guests in all ages. Not only 60+ people
* Families with kids and teens (Makes good atmosphere)
Yes but again I visited in July, I couldn't say about October.

* Lots of other nude people around us. We don't like being alone. We are too social for that.
Yes, mostly nude. A few clothed people on the beach but the minority. People tend to get dressed in the evenings, in the hotel that's compulsory.

* Not sexual. At least not public. What people do in private time is up to them.
I've not seen anything sexual myself, i think others may have but again it's a tiny minority.

Hope that helps a bit.

Carol.Mike

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »
I can't help you with your specific questions about VP as we are going there for the first time in a few weeks also. From Sept 19 to the end of Oct. But we do try to do several longer trips a year, primarily into the Caribbean and Mexico as we are Canadian based. Our experience is that you can always get a better deal using one of the rental sites like Airbnb or Homeaway compared to a hotel. Certainly enough to pay for eating out and other things.  If you are only going for a few days, hotels serve that need, but anything longer try the condo rental route. Its more like being at home. We are early sixties and retired so longer trips are the norm. anywhere from 2-6 months. The longer you go for the less expensive it is. Maybe we will run into you at the beach or a restaurant. Enjoy the trip if we don't see you.

Mike & Carol

andreas

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »
Whilst my wife & I love Vera Playa, I don't think we'd go in October.  The hotel usually closes for the winter around the middle of October.  The beach bars tend to close around the same time.  There are far fewer people about.  And, although it's warmish, it's not hot, and you certainly wouldn't need aircon!  The end of the summer season can get a bit dismal sometimes.

For October, we go to the Canaries, or the Caribbean if it's a special occasion!

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 08:05:03 PM »

For October, we go to the Canaries, or the Caribbean if it's a special occasion!

Drifting off topic (sorry) but where do you recommend for puritanism in the canaries? I had been thinking about some winter sun in Jan/Feb time.

andreas

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 10:09:06 PM »

Drifting off topic (sorry) but where do you recommend for puritanism in the canaries? I had been thinking about some winter sun in Jan/Feb time.

Forget Tenerife, the beaches are horrid, although some hotels do have naturist roof terraces. 

We've only been to one place in Lanzarote - Charco del Palo naturist village which was rather soul-less and had no beach.

In Gran Canaria, there's Magnolias Natura, which is OK (although the sunloungers are very cramped around the pool).  They have a courtesy bus to the beach at Maspalomas, which has a naturist sunbed zone which is rather scruffy and sadly there are thousands of textile trippers walking the beach gawking at the naked people.

And that sort of leaves Fuerteventura, which is our favourite.  Absolutely stunning sandy beaches, where you can wander naked for miles.  Some of the bigger hotels have naturist sunbathing areas, but the hotels are huge and you may well have a route march to get to the restaurant or the beach.  We tend to stay in VIK Suite Hotel in Costa Calma.  This doesn't have a naturist zone, but each room has a private sheltered courtyard with sunloungers and an outdoor shower, ideal for nude sunbathing if it's too windy to go on the beach. The best beaches are only about 10 minutes away by car.

The other place in Fuerteventura worth a mention is Gran Hotel Natura in Corralejo.  It's OK-ish in the daytime, but not great in the evening.  As it's right on the outskirts of Corralejo, it's a taxi ride into town, if you feel you can cope with the rather chavvy style of the place.

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 09:18:42 AM »
Ah thanks for the tips, I think that was the issue I had when looking at fureventura before, you need a car to get to the beach or it is very busy.

Roll on VP 2017!

Smedholt

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 10:15:55 AM »
Thanks for all your replies. We really appreciate them all.

Anyway, yesterday we booked our trip to VP and the Club Hotel so keep an eye out for us at the beginning of October. Sure, we know it's probably not HOT there anymore in October but hopefully it will still be warm enough for us to be nude in the sun and swim in the pool. We would have liked to travel a few weeks earlier but can't so October will have to do.

So, what else can you tell us that we need to know before arriving?

We will be flying to Almeria and rent a car for the transfer. Anyone knows how it works with car insurance etc? We don't want to be surprised by large extra fees when picking up the car. What's the cheapest/easiest way to prevent this? We assume free parking is possible somewhere in VP if one looks for it, right?

Also. Do anyone know if it's possible to upgrade to All Inclusive for just some of the days or do we need to upgrade our whole stay?

P.S. As always, attached pic is of us

andreas

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 06:57:46 PM »

We will be flying to Almeria and rent a car for the transfer. Anyone knows how it works with car insurance etc? We don't want to be surprised by large extra fees when picking up the car. What's the cheapest/easiest way to prevent this? We assume free parking is possible somewhere in VP if one looks for it, right?

There's loads of free parking in VP. 

Car insurance can be a nightmare, with fraudulent claims of "damage" (usually in places nobody would look) unless you buy the company's very expensive extra insurance.  Last year, I hired with Solmar and had to leave a €1200 deposit, which they said would be automatically refunded, but it wasn't!  It took me 7 months to get the money back.

One company which rents from Almeria and seems to have a reasonable reputation on this forum is Al Andalus. However, they don't accept credit cards which means that in the event of a dispute it would be very difficult to claim money back.

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 11:34:41 AM »
Best car hire firm we have used recently is ZEST (very recently changed name, they were called Economy Car Hire) Based in England, they are agents for many car hire firms throughout Europe, and they handle everything, and state very clearly what the price includes (and warns you to avoid any 'extras' that a company may try to impose on you when collecting the car) The insurance is quite reasonable too, but shop around on the internet you may find it cheaper, although we didn't!   For VP they used Mo-Car and we have never had any problems. So look up ZEST on the internet, a good company to deal with over the 'phone too. We have used A1Andalus in the past, but they got very expensive, and the fact they don't accept credit cards was a minus point. Having to pay in hard cash was a bit risky.

ricky81

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 08:47:25 PM »
Hi Guys,we went to the hotel twice in 2015 in August and the first week of October with our son.The weather was fine we got tans and i was certainly warm enough to get a tan and a swim in the pool/sea.It is a lot quieter than August,we just got back on Monday from the hotel actually and it was packed.We are hoping to be baack first week in October with our son who is 13,he is comfortable as there are prob only 100 guests there.We actually preferred the October holiday last year,we took part in the activities(the evening entertainment is inside in October) and enjoyed it more.Like I say we have just got back this week and it was busy outside,in October some of the bars are closed outside.
To sum up well worth going in October we hope to be there again it was lovely last year.The hotel staff are marvellous.

cp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 10:10:36 AM »
Thanks for all your replies. We really appreciate them all.

Anyway, yesterday we booked our trip to VP and the Club Hotel so keep an eye out for us at the beginning of October. Sure, we know it's probably not HOT there anymore in October but hopefully it will still be warm enough for us to be nude in the sun and swim in the pool. We would have liked to travel a few weeks earlier but can't so October will have to do.

So, what else can you tell us that we need to know before arriving?

Also. Do anyone know if it's possible to upgrade to All Inclusive for just some of the days or do we need to upgrade our whole stay?

P.S. As always, attached pic is of us
Hi, How did the holiday go,, did you have a nice holiday  and was the weather good ? Curious as we are planning on going May and October next year :-)

bjohna

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 07:05:32 PM »
Just seen these posts for the first time, although we often look at the site. Guess I just missed them.
We were in the hotel for 2 weeks up to October 4th so probably overlapped with you Smedholt. One half of us is Chinese, which tends to make us stand out.
Like someone else asked, 'How was your holiday?'

We had a great time. Great weather. Great straight on to the naturist beach. eating naturist around and about (we only booked B&B in the hotel) Lots exploring, especially loved Cabo del Gato park, walking (naked) its beaches, cliffs etc.

Was surprised to hear the hotel was closing for winter about a week after we left. Is the place dead from then on. Until we heard that we had considered staying in the future for all October.

cp

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 08:39:50 PM »
Just seen these posts for the first time, although we often look at the site. Guess I just missed them.
We were in the hotel for 2 weeks up to October 4th so probably overlapped with you Smedholt. One half of us is Chinese, which tends to make us stand out.
Like someone else asked, 'How was your holiday?'

We had a great time. Great weather. Great straight on to the naturist beach. eating naturist around and about (we only booked B&B in the hotel) Lots exploring, especially loved Cabo del Gato park, walking (naked) its beaches, cliffs etc.

Was surprised to hear the hotel was closing for winter about a week after we left. Is the place dead from then on. Until we heard that we had considered staying in the future for all October.
Hi bjohna, That's when we were there  first week in october, although it was only for day visits this time, next may ( ish ) i am looking to go back and stay on one of the naturist urbanisations to experience the whole thing..

I have read a few articles on here that says the hotel closes and some of the bars close mid october, but others are saying there is still enough going on and still people on holiday and living there ( lucky devils lol )

You should have a good look around on here in the various topics / questions and some have vast knowledge shared in them, Although right now it seems rather quiet here but i'm guessing probably due to the time of year..