Author Topic: Nudity in the evening  (Read 15952 times)

andreas

Re: Nudity in the evening
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 19:21:04 PM »
Anyway I have walked naked in hotel Street at 5 in the afternoon and no one said a word.

Me too, many times, but I have to say Hotel Street is fairly quiet then.

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 11:06:43 AM »

So, it seems that many people will gladly go nude as long as there are others already nude. The same may be true during evenings.

Interesting theory!  I wonder whether forum members might try it and report back?

I come back mid-sept. I intend to be nude 24/7  (in the evening & in Hotel street too). Someone else?

Nic Galbraith

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 15:09:23 PM »
I will not be in VP at that time; I would have liked to join you. Please report your experience here.

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2017, 17:26:56 PM »
We will be in the area next week for 10 days but we prefer to go out at night dressed to thrill. Good luck though and enjoy.

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 10:19:34 AM »
Really nobody else ?  :(

Espado

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2017, 23:17:55 PM »
I was in VP for the very first time, in the week of 9-16 Sept 2017.  I was very disappointed in the naturist aspect. Quite a paradox : inside a naturist "urbanización" there are very strict rules about obligatory nudity (what I welcome) but once on the street the primness rules. During daytime I saw a minority of people fully naked in the streets, and - related to this forum topic - in the evening nobody is naked ?! In a 'naturist area' when temperatures are above 25 degrees ?! Why should one wear clothes? This doesn't fit with the real naturist attitude, I think. During daytime I walked towards Consum supermarket naked till the last corner (a former bank office?) and there I put clothes, but even at the last bars & restaurants nobody was naked. Evenings were worse. At 7:30 p.m.  - it was still very warm - I went for a naked walk in hotel street, but I felt very uncomfortable because everyone I saw was dressed, and it was not even dark. Why should naturists adapt to 'textile' visitors of hotel street bars who come from outside (as I read here in this forum) ? Isn't that the world upside down? I didn't even try to enter a bar or a restaurant naked, apart from the 'chiringuitos' at the beach. You and me are obliged to wear clothes in society all year long, and when I chose for a naturist holiday destination I want to deliberate myself of wearing clothes, when the temperature allows that. That is my personal feeling of 'freedom', and I want to share that with like-minded people. Unfortunately they don't visit Vera Playa ...    [PS1. Sorry, my English is not perfect at all] ; [PS2. I loved the beach, the sea, the well maintained buildings and gardens, etc ... ]

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2017, 23:25:45 PM »
Sorry to hear that VP did not quite live up to your expectations as a naturist resort. While it is true that Hotel Street does not attract many naked people, it must also be remembered that many of the business establishments in the Street rely on the people that come from outside of the naturist area to make a living. I cannot think of one restaurant or bar that could possibly survive on purely naturist clientele hence the fact that virtually all of the people in Hotel Street are clothed. Regarding walking to Consum, the naturist area actually ends where you say the bars and restaurants were occupied by textiles so that is self explanatory.

There are plenty of streets and walks where one can happily wander naked, as I myself did on many occasions during my last visit which was the same time as your visit, from 4th - 15th September, and plenty of people were walking in the streets approaching the car park by Vera Natura on a regular basis.

Best advice I can offer is to chill out and enjoy what VP has to offer the naturist. It is still a great naturist area which gives my wife and myself a buzz each time we pay one of our frequent visits there.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 13:37:55 PM »
There are many reasons why people may choose to cover up in the evening.  Personally I am often troubled by mosquitos so choose to cover up for practicality.  As has already been mentioned, we are extremely lucky in that we probably have at least 30 bars and restaurants within easy walking distance, of course we can't have 30 'naturist' establishments, there are insufficient people.  But you can choose to remain naked 24x7 if you wish at Puntonat, Natsun Chiringuito, the Pirate Bar, Vera Natura chiringuito and the 'lettuce bar' and Paso D'Oble.  There is far more choice here than at any other naturist resort I can think of.  Camp-site type resorts in France, typically open for 3 months if you are lucky and has one bar, you do sometimes find most people naked most of the time but I can think of no other examples.

Many committeed and enthusiastic naturists choose to wear clothes for some part of the day, for whatever reason, I don't understand why it is such an issue!  You can choose to be naked if you want to.  Have you ever found your utopia of a large resort where everybody is 24x7 naked and you are not isolated, you have good public transport links, you are not in the middle of nowhere, and you have the opportunity of many different dining opportunities within easy walking distance.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 14:23:36 PM »
Well put Maureen.

As has been said many times on this forum .... "HOTEL STREET IS (unfortunately) A GREY AREA" so not necessarily within the official naturist zone.

As such, being naked in Hotel Street, whilst accepted/tolerated (however one wants to interpret it) during the daytime, it is still very much the exception in the evenings.

I am very much of the opinion that (if people continually campaign to "push the boundaries") sooner or later "the powers that be" might get involved and eventually decide upon an "official" line ....  Be careful, look what happened regarding the new by-law on the beach !

My wife and I often visit Hotel Street during the daytime wearing a sarong and virtually always remove it completely to eat/drink naked at Benito's without problem.

However, in the evening we are dressed as that is the norm .... but (following a glass or three) we have stripped off during the walk back to the apartment so (alcohol aside  LOL) I/we are obviously not "anti nudity (par say) in Hotel Street".

I am just concerned that a minority group of naturist martyrs who are determined to be naked 24/7 anywhere and everywhere (irrespective of the accepted norm) are in danger of inciting others to do likewise and could eventually spoil everything for everyone as a result ! (You read it here first).

As has been said before, there are plenty of places where one can be naked 24/7 without any possible negative repercussions without "pushing it" in the known grey area of Hotel Street !

« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 22:51:45 PM by Phil B-C »

uninhibited

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 22:23:01 PM »
Very well put Phil. I agree totally. I simply cannot see what anyone can complain about re: wearing of clothes in Hotel Street at night. I think we have to accept that there will always be someone who finds something to complain about regardless. Personally I just miss being there each time I come back to the UK and look forward each time to returning for the sheer pleasure that is enjoying the naturist environment that is VP. The old adage that ''you don't miss the water until the well runs dry'' comes to mind.

Reading through the many other comments on this website I appreciate my wife and I are extremely fortunate to be able to come over 5 or 6 times each year, and I simply cannot envisage what it is like for the majority who are able to come to VP just once or twice a year.

Nic Galbraith

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »

I come back mid-sept. I intend to be nude 24/7  (in the evening & in Hotel street too). Someone else?

I was wondering what your experience has been with being nude in the evening in Hotel Street.

SunWorshipper

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »
I have the impression from reading this thread that Cota Zero (El Pirata) is the most naturist venue for evening dining. Is it totally naturist in the evenings, or are there usually a significant number of textiles?

John Devon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 14:44:26 PM »
I don't know that I would describe the Pirate Bar as "dining"!  :)

aaron

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 20:26:06 PM »
They do good lunches.

I have had dinner there before nude and the kitchen was open until midnight or later, other years its either not been serving food at all after lunch or been closed by 20:00. I think it really depends on demand. Same goes for Natsun.

kog

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2020, 11:12:23 AM »

I was wondering what your experience has been with being nude in the evening in Hotel Street.

Sorry to answer so late.  I’ve had this evening nudity experience in Hotel Street several times since then, and at various times of the year and at times ranging from 8 p.m. to midnight or more.  It's a strange feeling to be the only naked person on the street, but I have never encountered hostile attitudes from anyone.  I never felt like disturbing anyone while doing it.  And that encouraged me not to hesitate to repeat the experience.