Author Topic: car hire from Murcia airport 2016  (Read 3090 times)

lofty

• Offline Offline
car hire from Murcia airport 2016
« on: December 16, 2015, 10:13:04 PM »
Can someone recommend  a good car hire company from Murcia airport for 2016.
We use Europcar last year and got a good car but had to queue for a while. I would like to get away quickly. So many posts about all the add ons some companies impose.
I was considering Coys rent a car. Has anyone tried them?

Regards

stewNsusie

• Offline Offline
Re: car hire from Murcia airport 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 11:24:07 AM »
Hi Lofty,

The last couple of times that we hired a car we used carpet.com.  They are more of a broker for all the hire companies.  Not sure on wait times at Murcia though.

Regards

Stew

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 12:27:00 PM »
Try Economy Car Hire  There are others with a similar name, so don't get confused! They are brokers for car hire companies, but are very good, and any small add ons are explained fully before you book. Have used them several times (get excellent reviews and have come out tops in a Which survey) so worth having a look. Not necessarily the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Pleasant staff too if you need to phone them. !!:)

Bisnick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:16:31 PM »
In the past on short visits I have used Al Andulus Car Hire. As you walk out of the airport there is a rep standing with your name, a quick look over car and signature and off you go. Same on return. Pay with cash on resort as they didn't take debit or credit cards but that was two summers ago, may have changed now.

kandj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
Hi Lofty,

The last couple of times that we hired a car we used carpet.com.  They are more of a broker for all the hire companies.  Not sure on wait times at Murcia though.

Regards

Stew

I think you mean CarJet.com  ;D I've used them & they are very good. They also sell proper excess insurance policies which are significantly cheaper than the pooled payment options that you get ripped off by offered at the airport. Their sales people will talk you through what to do when you pick up the car.

Last year I probably queued for about 20 minutes; it's never an especially busy airport.

stewNsusie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 10:21:39 AM »
You are correct, I did mean Carjet .com however, my computer's auto correct thought that carpet.com.  We spotted.

Regards

roseandjim

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 04:22:36 PM »
Not specific to Murcia, or any one car hire company.  Please check all your documents that have to come with the car, as after a months hire of one car we had, we found out that the car was illegal - having not been taxed or insured.  As it was a one way hire and we were returning the car from Almeria to Alicante for them, we felt we were paying them extra for the privilege (charge for return to a different airport).  The car was being sold off - just to add insult  ::).

Rose & Jim