Author Topic: Shower Enclosure  (Read 2653 times)

Jonesy

• Offline Offline
Shower Enclosure
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:50:23 PM »
Hi Everyone

Just wondered if someone could let me know if there's a B&Q type DIY shop in the Vera area? Having finally stayed in our apartment for a few days last week we have decided the shower in the second bathroom which is a curved corner shower really could do with an enclosure around it. Alternatively if anyone knows of someone who could supply and fit an enclosure that would be great. We're not due to be back out until early February and if I can't find someone to do the job I'll sort it out when we're back out there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Pete & Suzi

Gary Dutton

• Offline Offline
Re: Shower Enclosure
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »
Lopez in Antas (El Real Industrial estate) for materials is always a good start.  There are a number of people who can carry out these tasks and I'm sure someone will respond offering their services.  If not, PM me and I will give you a few names.

Jonesy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »
Thanks for the info Gary. I'm perfectly happy to tackle the job myself and was happy to hear that there's somewhere nearby to pick up all the essentials. Once again the blog proves invaluable. Hope the weather is still as good as last week. Cheers

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 08:37:33 AM »
It's not the route I would take in England, but we had excellent bath / shower screens made perfectly to measure and installed, in toughened glass, by the glass company I think called RUBI.  You turn right off the road that runs from the Roundabout with the fountain (coming from Vera Playa) it takes you up towards the cheap garage. Just before the garage you turn right by the gym.and it's at the top of the road.  Take photos and sketches of what you want, and ask for an estimate.  They will come out and take precise measurements and it will be fitted, very neatly, in a few days.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Gary Dutton

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 07:14:23 PM »
I've used these guys too.  Excellent!

Jonesy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 07:39:11 PM »
Thanks again for your replies. As usual really helpful and it's always good to have recommendations. Unfortunately we haven't got enough leave to be back out until the beginning of February so I have a little time to sort things out

I hope the weather is still as good as it was a couple of weeks ago. It's just been a cold and wet day here so I'd rather be out there.

Take care

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 12:50:38 PM »
Just noticed - error in my post.  You turn LEFT (last exit off the roundabout), not right!  And it's up there on the right!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

Jonesy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 08:44:43 PM »
Thanks for the clarification John & Maureen. We're back out at the end of January so maybe we'll be able to sort something then.

Enjoy Vera it looks better there than it is here at the moment.