Author Topic: Hire Car Prices  (Read 4434 times)

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »
I read somewhere that hire car prices are dropping so I thought I would take a look as we are coming out to VP soon and sure enough the priices have dropped dramatically.

I originally booked a car from Murcia for 6 days (21-27 Aug) and the cost was ?147 this was back in the middle of June, I just cancelled that booking and rebooked the same car with the same company for ?95. So a quite substancial drop.

The company I'm using - www.doyouspain.com

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

Wales couple

• Offline Offline
Re: Hire Car Prices
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
You are a star Alan!!

Having read your post some 15 minutes ago, I decided to double check our reservation. Our Europcar booking that was ?227.91 has now been cancelled in favour of Sixt for ?158.21. You saved us ?69.70.

Very much appreciated that you took the time and effort to post

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 12:56:25 AM »
http://www.comparecarhire.co.uk/186563.html

I've been doing the same thing.

I'm getting a quote of ?100 for the week now from the above site (with Economy, who we've used before), and I could go lower than that, but I've never had problems with Economy (other than a bloody long queue at their desk). Two weeks back, the best quote I was getting was ?140.

I can't understand why my quote would be substantially lower than yours, other than the fact that I'm an old fart, which hire companies seem to like.

As with yourselves, one has been cancelled in favour of another.

I mean...?40...50 Euros....it's all panning out to be a saving roughly equivalent to a UD Almeria match ticket, innit?  ;D

daviddan

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
Hi All

www.alandaluscarhire.com

I found this on a diffrent web site and thought it might be of some intrest to you
A couple of months ago I was asking for car hire recommendations as I was getting totally fed up with the existing brokers and providers at Murcia airport. It was suggested by an EOS member that I try Al Andalus www.alandaluscarhire.com which was a fairly new company whose cars are delivered to the airport. I decided to try them out, and can honestly say how impressed I was with the whole service. All driving licence, passport details etc were provided to the company prior to the hire, the contract was then emailed to me, so no paperwork at all to complete on arrival at the airport. I gave my name to the rep at arrivals, he simply handed me the keys and showed me the car, then off we were. Two minute job. What a refreshing change! There was no charge for any additional drivers, we had four on this occasion, and the fuel was on a full/full basis which was needed for a short trip of just four days. I even had to make a change to add a driver on the day before the trip which was dealt with very quickly. I am more than happy to recommend this company and I will certainly be using them myself again.

I have absolutely no connection whatsoever with this company. Credit where credit's due!

We have also used this company quite a few times now and totally agree with Carol and Richards post about their service.  They  also service Almeria airport and are starting to service Alicante  on a small scale from October.

They have very competitive prices and because they are a small local firm they are lovely to deal with.

We are using them again in Oct and  have no hesitation in recommending them.

Tricia and Anto

STEPHEN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »
Very interesting. I booked with the extreme left hand car hire booth in Murcia. [No advertising !!!]
I booked only 2 days before travelling. but was monitoring rates for a while beforehand, they were dropping. 8 days at ?11 a day, total ?88, including normal insuranceOnly snag, tank was nearly empty. I wasnt warned but remembered an earlier posting on the forum MANY THANKS for that

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
On this forum we don't mind if you want to tell us who you are talking about. It's all good information for everybody.

:)

Alan
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa