Author Topic: Nude hiking group and or Photography group  (Read 7741 times)

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
Re: Nude hiking group and or Photography group
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »
I agree, it's a fascinating area to walk and explore, but as previously pointed out, beware of open mine shafts, and do wear something over your legs otherwise the undergrowth will tear you to shreds. The hidden village is interesting, but there are other areas to see and photograph as well, including the old miners buildings and workers cottages (see photos) on the way to Maggy and Simons place. Take care and enjoy.

Deiserooster

• Deiserooster
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 01:30:41 PM »
These photos are nice. I tried to send a message to you James but seemed to get no reply for what ever reason. I called Maggie and she said the road was not passable due to floods on Saturday night so that finished my attempts to visit the area.
Next time I hope.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
Maggy's place is up a track, full of pot holes, so that would certainly have laid to rest any idea that you, or I, could get up there.
Sorry you couldn't get a message through.

I had planned to head out there tomorrow, but it looks like a lost cause for this year anyway.  :(

There's always next year!  ;D

KevMartina

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 11:31:42 PM »
I'm fascinated by industrial archaeology and would love to visit the mining areas discussed in the posts above. But in reading I was still puzzled about the details. Maybe its age, or beer (we are currently sitting in a Hotel Street having enjoyed a couple of pints)

Is Maggie's description available online?

The Unesco coordinates seem a little strange. Has anyone managed to translate these to google Maps coordinates?

Thanks
Kev

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 10:40:21 PM »
That's Margaret's description, Kev, as a separate description from Maggy (the owner of Casa Rio Vera).

Margaret and her husband Bill stay for the month of September, Kev, so if you're still there, and you're quick, you can speak to the author! Although Margaret's record of it all remains at Casa Rio Vera should you wish to visit & read. I usually donate a 'day pass' worth of cash to visit, and walk around the area, although Maggy throws in a slap-up breakfast, tea, cake and full use of the facilities for that!

I'd tried to get Margaret to consider publishing online. Amazon do self-publishing opportunities, but no luck, alas, so far. It's a fascinating area!

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

I will actually be doing some naked hill walking, I hope, some time next week in the hills behind Villaricos.

The base for this is http://www.casariovera.net, and I hope to be taking in a morning's hill walking where nude walking is more than possible. As the hills are dotted with open mine shafts you need to be aware where you're going, though, so I've done this before in the company of someone who knows those hills exceptionally well, a lady called Margaret who has also written a book on mining in the area.

Long trousers are also advisable for pushing through the brush at times on the climb to the top, otherwise your legs will be in raw flesh!

On the way back down you will pass through a 'lost village' which is an excellent location for getting some great photographs, and there are also some great views to photograph, out over the sea at Villaricos, for example.

Previously we've begun the climb in the dark, around 730am, so that some of the strenuous 'upward' leg of the journey is completed before the sun gets too fierce. Check your private messages...I'm sending you further info.

Edited to add...you can't receive personal messages until you've made 10 posts, so additional info can't be sent that way, but the major 'facts' about the potential for this are all outlined above.

This is very helpful information! Would love to visit the "lost village". Is it easy/obvious to reach if you park in Herrerías? Wondering how to manage to get there if you are not familiar with the area.

UweK

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 07:41:16 AM »
Hi community,
We are a German couple visiting Vera the first time for the last week in April. If we could find some other naturists for a nude hike tour it would be wonderful!
Nude regards
Uwe

saunafan

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2019, 11:14:20 PM »
Hello Uwe,

I'll be around the same time as you two, and am planning to do some nude hiking out in Cabo de Gata, hiked there last year and loved it!

Feel free to drop me a line if you are interested in joining.

PS: I am also from germany.

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 01:49:37 PM »
Hello saunafan. Can you tell us a bit about your experiences hiking last year? We are going there in May and would love some insight on the weather, best places to go and any useful tips :) Would be our first time nude hiking in a “public” place.

Regards...

saunafan

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 05:18:35 PM »
Hello saunafan. Can you tell us a bit about your experiences hiking last year? We are going there in May and would love some insight on the weather, best places to go and any useful tips :) Would be our first time nude hiking in a “public” place.

Regards...

Hello Young Couple,

if you are staying in Vera Playa you will need a car to get there (Cabo de Gata), but it is certainly worth it. I only had a couple of days time to hike because I wanted to visit Granada (which is also very nice).

My first hike was from Las Negras to Cala San Pedro. I ran into one other guy hiking nude, and quiet a few clothed. No one cared as far as I could tell, all greeted friendly and went on their way. As for the hike, it's not very long. If you stop to enjoy the scenery you can easily spend 4 hours hiking nevertheless.

The second hike was much shorter, parked at the parking at the highway, and hiked nude the Playa de los Muertos, and in the general area around the beach.

A few things to consider: head cover, especially if you decide to hike mid-day; sunblock; lots of water (also enough for the way back!); snacks; beach towel.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Cheers!

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2019, 10:41:31 PM »
Thank you saunafan! That’s all very useful. We will have a car so it won’t be a problem! We are definitely considering the hike to San Pedro as we have read it’s a beautiful beach  :;:;

saunafan

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »
I'll be in Vera Playa from the 21st of April to the 29th, and planning to hike from Agua Amarga to Playa del Plomo, maybe even to San Pedro. If anyone wants to hike along, I am always looking for company!

Young Couple

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2019, 01:22:30 AM »
Hi saunafan, unfortunately we won't be there on those dates but where thinking on doing that hike. Would really love to read a report from you and see how it went! Specially interested on knowing if it's worth to do that long hike or if it's better to do the short one from Las Negras. Either way we've read that they can be done with no clothes.

Goog luck and hope you find someone to hike with!  :;:;

andynpatti

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »
We are regular walkers in Cabo de Gata and in the hills near Villaricos. We usually walk with between 4 and 6 people... sin ropa whenever possible. I'm messaging the other couples on this thread with same info. We will be there April 17- May 13 if you want to join us. You'd be very welcome
Andy and Patti

saunafan

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2019, 09:16:18 PM »
Hello Andy and Patty,

unfortunately I am visiting by myself, if your invitation to hike with you also extends to single men, I would certainly love to join.

Saunafan