Author Topic: Nude hiking group and or Photography group  (Read 8606 times)

Deiserooster

• Deiserooster
  • Offline Offline
Nude hiking group and or Photography group
« on: August 29, 2015, 03:10:39 PM »
Hi all

I am new here and I was wondering is there a nude hiking group and or landscape photography group in the resort by any chance? this is my first visit and I am arriving Tuesday for a week.
If there is where and how does it meet and can I make contact.

Also where are the places for a first timer to go to meet up with people for a chat and to pass time?

John
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:12:18 PM by Deiserooster »

aaron

• Offline Offline
Re: Nude hiking group and or Photography group
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 05:41:06 PM »
Cant help on your first question but to meet people try any of the bars (see the map) always a friendly crowd.

The beach bars have a great vibe during the day.

Deiserooster

• Deiserooster
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 05:49:20 PM »
Ta for that.

Just another question how do you mind keys and keep money? No pockets after all! What do other people use? and where can you get one in Vera? ???

John

Tony and Susan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »
Use a plastic waterproof pouch on a cord to go around your neck. Sold at Casitodo near the hotel. American style fanny pouches are also used but look pretty stupid.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 11:57:59 AM »
Hi all

I am new here and I was wondering is there a nude hiking group and or landscape photography group in the resort by any chance?

I will actually be doing some naked hill walking, I hope, some time next week in the hills behind Villaricos.

The base for this is http://www.casariovera.net, and I hope to be taking in a morning's hill walking where nude walking is more than possible. As the hills are dotted with open mine shafts you need to be aware where you're going, though, so I've done this before in the company of someone who knows those hills exceptionally well, a lady called Margaret who has also written a book on mining in the area.

Long trousers are also advisable for pushing through the brush at times on the climb to the top, otherwise your legs will be in raw flesh!

On the way back down you will pass through a 'lost village' which is an excellent location for getting some great photographs, and there are also some great views to photograph, out over the sea at Villaricos, for example.

Previously we've begun the climb in the dark, around 730am, so that some of the strenuous 'upward' leg of the journey is completed before the sun gets too fierce. Check your private messages...I'm sending you further info.

Edited to add...you can't receive personal messages until you've made 10 posts, so additional info can't be sent that way, but the major 'facts' about the potential for this are all outlined above.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:20:11 PM by James »

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
Here's a couple of photos from last year's hiking morning...just to give you a feel for what's up in 'them thar hills'  :D

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 12:44:27 PM »
Ta for that.

Just another question how do you mind keys and keep money?

I use a 'messenger bag' in which to keep some money, keys, phone, a pareo (to sit on if you go into one of the beach bars), sunglasses, sun block, etc...

kandj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 01:25:15 PM »
Here's a couple of photos from last year's hiking morning...just to give you a feel for what's up in 'them thar hills'  :D

Hi James

Are those  photos of the 'lost village'? I love that sort of thing. Do you know anything about the history of it or a link? I don't think I'm set up for PMs but do you have a GPS reference for where it is?

That's gone on my 'to do' list for one time when I'm there.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »

Are those  photos of the 'lost village'? I love that sort of thing. Do you know anything about the history of it or a link? I don't think I'm set up for PMs but do you have a GPS reference for where it is?

That's gone on my 'to do' list for one time when I'm there.

Hi, K&J,

Yes, they are indeed photos of the 'lost village'. I don't have a GPS reference for it, but I'll see what I can do next week to get one. A regular visitor to the naturist B&B I mentioned above has written a history of mining in the area, including the lost village, and it's available for viewing at that B&B. I'm trying to persuade Margaret, its author, to publish it (even self-publish via Amazon or somewhere like that) but she doesn't think there would be any interest. As someone keen on history I disagree with her! :) and it's documents like hers that will be important historical documents in the decades to come!

You'll find someone else has recorded a bit of their history at http://www.faydon.com/Almagrera/Almagrera.html

Another link is here http://littleblondebird-rosie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/vera-playa-garrucha-mojacar.html

A third website, http://whc.unesco.org/en/tentativelists/5139/ gives co-ordinates for the place as (37" 28' N I 1" 73' W) (ALMERIA).

There are many open mineshafts out there, so caution is required when walking, and it's advisable to stick to the paths.

kandj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 01:48:24 PM »
Brilliant, many thanks & I agree with you about the book but likewise I enjoy history, especially social history.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 02:03:56 PM »
When next you are in the area I'd encourage you to call Maggy (contact details at their website) and call out. Margaret's account is freely available for visitors to read. It gave me an enormously valuable background to the mining history, so that when we went walking Margaret was able to 'fill in the blanks' and point out various aspects of it all as we walked.

I think I'm right in saying that the mines also had a tunnel leading from somewhere in the vicinity of the lost village out to the open sea, and you can also visit what remains of the exit point of the tunnel somewhere on the coast. I'm not 100% certain of that, but I'm sure Margaret mentioned something about that.

Deiserooster

• Deiserooster
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 06:26:21 PM »
James

Can I leave my contact details with Maggie? Via her website?

John  ???

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 07:13:39 PM »
Drop her an email.

Alternatively, join the VP Friends page on Facebook and you can message me on there. (link at the top of the page).

Deiserooster

• Deiserooster
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 07:27:24 PM »
James
Thanks I will drop her an email giving her my telephone number

John

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 08:36:10 PM »
Great, John.

Maggy will probably come back to you by email or phone within 24 hours.

You can mention my name, because she knows I'll be calling out some day to catch up with her, Simon, Margaret, Bill and whoever else is staying.