Author Topic: Stanley Baldwin has sadly died  (Read 2399 times)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Stanley Baldwin has sadly died
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:28:49 AM »
I am so sorry to report that Stanley Baldwin has passed away this morning.  The cause of death is not yet known, he was in hospital for tests but they all seemed to be going okay.  I have permission from Gloria to make this posting.  Stanley was a lovely, lovely man.  Of course he was very well known in his musician days - he was a drummer and lead his own jazz band for many years out here, the Stan Roberts Sound.  Many of you will have stayed in his apartments on Bahia, we stayed in his first floor apartment the very first time we came to Vera Playa, we learned lessons about how to furnish and equip good apartments. 
I am sure that everybody will rally round and support Gloria at this very very sad time.  Vera Playa residents and visitors will do what they do best. 
With great sadness,  our condolences, Gloria.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

jonboy

• Offline Offline
Re: Stanley Baldwin has sadly died
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »
He will be sadly missed R.I.P. Stanley

Dotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 07:16:19 PM »
This is such sad news. I can empathise with Gloria at this sad time. My friends in Vera were very supportive to me and I am sure that Gloria will also find them a great comfort. Keep strong. Love and hugs Dot XXXXXXXX

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:34:37 AM »
Very sad news indeed. Our condolences to Gloria.
Stan was a fine drummer, we attended several functions over the years where his jazz ensemble played, and then in latter years after he hung the sticks up we used to discuss his 'new' hobby, photography. A nice man. I know he will be missed by a heck of a lot of people. VP won't seem the same without him.  RIP Stanley.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:38:33 AM by Sun4us »

tiger79

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 04:34:30 PM »
Lovely guy.  We've stayed in their apartments a number of times, and always enjoyed having a drink and a joke with him and Gloria. 

PeteandMandy

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 08:30:35 AM »
We've Also Stopped in Vera Playa couple of years ago.
Hence the moving over here a year ago.
Stan and Gloria always made us very welcome on the Times
We visited. Stan will be sorely Missed by All.
R.I.P Stan