Author Topic: Eating Naked  (Read 4256 times)

NakedAngel

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Eating Naked
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
Hello.  I've just come back after a week at Vera Playa Club Hotel, where I discovered that the restaurant has a dress code.  Not only can I not dine naked, I can't even dine barefoot!  I was turned away when I arrived for breakfast in bare feet.  I habitually go barefoot, even on city streets, and I was amazed that I had to go away to find some footwear.

Yet I can leave the Hotel, and walk around the corner to a public restaurant, Taberna El Balconcito, and enjoy a three-course meal. not just barefoot but naked.  I asked if I could, and the manager was very positive, and  encouraged me to do so.

So I can't dine naked in the naturist hotel, but I can leave the hotel and dine naked in a public restaurant - seems back-to-front to me!   ???

Dotty

• Offline Offline
Re: Eating Naked
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 07:21:50 PM »
I think that the answer to that is, next time you visit VP book yourself into a naturist urbanisation, then you can do whatever you like barefoot naturist whatever 24 /7.

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 08:25:44 AM »
The hotel has (and probably will always have) a very odd relationship with naturism. It's really only a 'part-time' naturist hotel, situated on a textile street, but several folk appear to like it like that. But for true naturism (undressed 24/7 if you want, as Dotty says) then a stay on a naturist urbanisation is the answer.

NakedAngel

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 02:37:52 PM »
That's what I plan to do next time I go.  I'm also considering buying a naturist apartment. Big decision though.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »
I agree with the 'odd' relationship the hotel has with naturism, part-time from 800am until 800pm.

But try to see it from their perspective. It's about bums on seats. If they have naturism 24/7 that might discourage 'textile' diners, or people who will go in for the evening entertainment, from attending. And naturist guests may still well exit the hotel of an evening for alternative restaurants, bars and entertainment, so there's no benefit to the hotel. So there's a quid pro quo arrangement almost in place. 'If our customers are going to leave us in the evening...we'd like to encourage some of your potential customers into the hotel. But they need to be dressed'. Hence the 8pm cut-off time.

I guess that when it was built the 'restaurant overlooking the sea' seemed like it would be a terrific vista, but is now something of an albatross around its neck. Shifting the restaurant to the front of the hotel, to be visible beside the other eateries on Hotel Street, would make more sense, rather than trekking through to the back of it.

Surely the part-time bar that exists to the left-hand side of the front entrance of the hotel could be reconstituted as kitchens, and the existing bar tweaked into dining space (right beside the entertainment).

I mean, for some first-time visitors there's maybe no sense of the hotel even having a restaurant. It's not like they even advertise it front-of-house.

I would have imagined that with a bit of careful placement of trees, rocks, hedging, fencing or whatever else the pool area beyond could easily be made into a 24/7 naturist area for those who wanted that. And many do.

The first time we 'went naturist' (although we'd stayed on Mojacar Playa previously -which is when we discovered a naturist beach/hotel existed) it was a unique experience. Second time we stayed there, after a long gap raising a family, it was an irritation and we've subsequently used the urbanisations which, as Dotty & Sun4us have rightly pointed out, offer 24/7 naturism. Midnight swimming? Sure, I did it earlier this week.

Sometimes the hotel is reported as being the 'least successful' of the Playa Senator group. Part of that 'under occupancy' is, I guess, as a result of their part-time attitude, and the fact that after people have discovered the delights of naturism, the hotel is haemorrhaging guests to the various rental apartments on the urbanisations who do want naturism 24/7.