Author Topic: 2014 Skinny Dip... IMPORTANT NEWS  (Read 4260 times)

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
2014 Skinny Dip... IMPORTANT NEWS
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:46:34 AM »
IMPORTANT MESSAGE....
I organised the 2013 Guinness Skinny Dip without careful consideration to one IMPORTANT matter... public liability insurance.... I / we had none.

I have therefore this year contacted a UK solicitor friend of mine and a Spanish lawyer for their advice on this matter. Their advice is plain and simple, DO NOT ORGANISE THIS EVENT WITHOUT IT. Should the worse happen for an individual in the event they could make a denouncia against me for legal proceedings.
I have therefore decided to NOT organise this event and subsequently it will be cancelled as I can not risk future financial misery should the worst happen.

The position we are in now is, I have contacted Mr Blano, the Mayor of Vera asking if they will pick up the reigns and run the event. We have offered to help on the day but ultimately they are in charge.

I am VERY sorry to announce this, this has come as a huge disappointment to me.
I will keep this page open and update you all as soon as I get any information form the Mayor.
Always waiting to get back out to Vera.....

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
2014 Skinny Dip IMPORTANT INFORMATION
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:48:07 AM »
IMPORTANT MESSAGE....

I organised the 2013 Guinness Skinny Dip without careful consideration to one IMPORTANT matter... public liability insurance.... I / we had none.

I have therefore this year contacted a UK solicitor friend of mine and a Spanish lawyer for their advice on this matter. Their advice is plain and simple, DO NOT ORGANISE THIS EVENT WITHOUT IT. Should the worse happen for an individual in the event they could make a denouncia against me for legal proceedings.

I have therefore decided to NOT organise this event and subsequently it will be cancelled as I can not risk future financial misery should the worst happen.
The position we are in now is, I have contacted Mr Blano, the Mayor of Vera asking if they will pick up the reigns and run the event. We have offered to help on the day but ultimately they are in charge.

I am VERY sorry to announce this, this has come as a huge disappointment to me.
I will keep this page open and update you all as soon as I get any information form the Mayor.

tiger79

Re: 2014 Skinny Dip IMPORTANT INFORMATION
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:41 PM »
Any idea of the cost of the necessary insurance?

Reinhold1964

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:29:59 PM »
They costs are about between 150€  and  200 €, for 3 to  10 million € insurance considering  800 people will take part,its not a lot per person..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:40:09 PM by Reinhold1964 »

tiger79

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:03:23 PM »
If it's only a couple of hundred euros, surely the local council could pay, or the local businesses which benefit from the publicity?

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »
I agree, but I live in England... I am not in Spain until June.... someone in Spain as a resident really should pick up the ball. There are lots of options, I have no problem whatsoever helping out 10 hours a day once I am out in Spain, but there is a lot of work to be done NOW.

Quenton and Gill

• Offline Offline
Re: 2014 Skinny Dip... IMPORTANT NEWS...CANCELLED
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:14 PM »
It has not been possible to arrange / organise the 2014 skinny dip, The insurance problem is achievable with local businesses or via the Lions Association, but there still needs to be a lead member / organiser and this has been the problem.
I am VERY sad to say that the Guinness World record skinny dip for July 2014 IS CANCELLED.

AJ

• Offline Offline
Re: 2014 Skinny Dip... IMPORTANT NEWS
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »
Aw what a shame no one will step up.

FrenchBob

• Offline Offline
Re: 2014 Skinny Dip... IMPORTANT NEWS
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 02:05:04 PM »
Is there any interest in organizing this event for 2015 ?

I will be in Vera for a few months in the early spring and would be happy to help out.