Author Topic: Willem de brujin  (Read 2089 times)

pamnbru

• Offline Offline
Willem de brujin
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:14:07 PM »
Just heard  the tragic news that our Dutch friend Willem has passed away. No details as yet, will let you all know more when we here anything. RIP one unique guy, he will be sadly missed by all in VP.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
Re: Willem
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 09:18:21 PM »
Willem was a lovely man.  He had an immaculate apartment on Parque Vera 2 and used to hold fantastic dinner parties, to which we were invited on several occasions.  He hosted these dinners for about 10 people, always an interesting mix, and the night was rounded off by his singing, his lovely tenor voice.  When Peter Goodman was alive he used to perform all over the local area, often the important masses etc to do with religious ceremonies.  We once went to watch him sing outside the little church near the town hall in Garrucha on the 'dia del Carmen' with Sallie and Stuart, a day that was memorable for many reasons.  I still haven't forgotten it.  We spoke to him only a week ago, he had put his apartment up for sale and was planning to go back to Holland for his 'final years'.  When we first met Willem he had his mother with him, she had quite serious Alzheimers then and deteriorated over the years, but Willem cared for her for several years until he could cope no more.  So as a single man with nobody to care for him in Spain should his health deteriorate, he took the decision to go back to Holland.  His plans never came to fruition, and I can't really be sorry for that.  He loved Vera Playa and participated actively in all that it had to offer.  He was planning to go home, with some regrets, for practical reasons.  But he would have hated to be dependent on other people.  A delightful, charming, entertaining person who always had a smile and a few words for everybody.  He will be sadly missed.  RIP  Willem.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

pamnbru

• Offline Offline
Re: Willem
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 07:40:30 AM »
Hi All

Here are the funeral details

The celebration will be:

Monday 28 april:
Place:   Huercal Overa (Sur)
          Tanatorio Virgen del Rio,           
          Calle Ancha 176.
Start:  17.00 uur.

DonĀ“t know if there will be a wake or Memorial here on the Playa, will keep you all posted

Elma 1

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
Willem de brujin
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:27:27 AM »
So sorry to hear of Willen de Brujin death . Willem was a lovely  caring man ,who love his all his friends
and music .Willem  will be sadly miss in Vera playa. Allways remember you Willem .
Condolences to Willem family R I P

Brendabaile

• Offline Offline
Re: Willem de brujin
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 09:17:40 AM »
I'm sad to hear of Willem's death (and sad that I will not be able to make it to Memorial this coming Monday).  As Maureen said, Willem gave lovely dinner parties with good food and interesting company.  But above all, I remember him and honour him for the way he looked after his mother, "Madre" as she declined further and further into Alzheminers - his patience, his care, even down to the point of painting her nails.  He was a good and loving son, and the world is a poorer place for his passing.  Rest in Peace, Willem.   Brenda