Author Topic: Goodbye Jean Claude  (Read 6529 times)

AJ

• Offline Offline
Re: Goodbye Jean Claude
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
We could not send a card but I have done this instead as a little tribute. I used one of the photos posted of him as a base. I think it would be nice to have something like this on the wall somewhere at Inna's.

Dotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 06:39:36 PM »
Nice one Tony except you have spelt favourite the American way. Sorry to nit pick.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 08:10:08 PM »
He actually was more handsome than this,  here his nose is swollen.  I think I remember the incident, following one of his legendary drinking sessions he fell asleep on the toilet and toppled forwards, smashing his nose on the wash basin at the other side of the bathroom.  There used to be some fabulous photos of him on the notice board at Tiggers, I recall.  I think a photographic tribute would be a great thing.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

AJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 09:17:13 PM »
Thanks for your comment Maureen. Made me smile why his nose is big. I thought it looked larger than I remember but it's a old picture & he had put a bit of weight on over the years sorry for spelling mistake Dot blame my PC. I will change it.

Dotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:18 PM »
Thought it would be your PC as they always give you the American spelling when doing a spell check etc.

AJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 09:51:56 PM »
Here is a UK spelling version for Dotty.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 12:48:11 PM »
19 people gattered at Yorkshire Sun Society to bid a fond farewell to our dear pal Jean Claude.
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

declan

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 06:25:59 PM »
Saddened and surprised to see this obituary; he should have had many years left; always a gentleman, with a ready smile and enjoyed a laugh.
btw congrats to John and Maureen for this site; it unites your many friends; hope you are both well. Thanks for your gentle introduction to the lifestyle Maureen!

julesnbob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 01:13:52 PM »
I am so sad and shocked to hear this, we were actually on holiday in Vera Playa from the 9th August until the 25th and wondered why he was missing at what used to be Tiggies.  We missed him.  I thought perhaps the change of management was to blame.

On my first visit to Vera Playa in 2003 I remember him so well at Tiggies serving drinks and good will in his gloriously eccentric way and then seeing him again on subsequent visits. 

I saw him last year at Tiggies and he looked fine, may I ask was it a long illness or sudden? He cannot have been very old and he had a young family didn't he?
  :'(

louis6

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
So sorry to hear belatedly about Jean-Claude. A truly generous, warm hearted  man.Louis6