Author Topic: Currency Exchange/Tobac Shop?  (Read 5528 times)

dandj

• Offline Offline
Currency Exchange/Tobac Shop?
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:15:06 PM »
We're staying at the hotel from June 20th and I've searched the map but cannot find a currency exchange bureau/shop.
Also, for my sins I do enjoy a Spanish cigar when I'm away but again cannot find a Tobac shop on the map.
Finally we really fancy visiting the water park but it seems so expensive. I'm sure I've read somewhere that if you complete a game or something similar  online you can win a generous discount.
Any help on the above would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance folks.

P & L

• Offline Offline
  • Live for today as nature intended
    • Apartments Jasmine
Re: Currency Exchange/Tobac Shop?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 11:20:14 PM »
Hi Here is the web page for the water park, you have a choice of english then pick games and you play for discount vouchers

If you go after 3.00pm the price is also reduced see web prices

http://www.ociovera.com/

Apartments Jasmine - www.vera-natura.co.uk

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:41:10 PM »
I'm not aware of any currency exchange places in the area, but the ATMs are shown on the map.
There are banks in Vera and Garrucha.

Tobacconists are in Villaricos, Garrucha (2) and Vera.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 01:29:25 AM »
We're staying at the hotel from June 20th

I'm also in VP from the 20th (both of us from the 23rd) until the 27th. Probably making a run to the tabac in either the Villaricos or Palomares tabacs every other day (certainly will be going to one or both on the 21st) and have a hire car, so if you want a lift, give me a shout on here in the next week or so.

The one in Villaricos also does English newspapers, although the shop in the hotel also does 'em, so that might not be of any great interest to you.

You'll also find a cigarette machine in the hotel lobby, but no cigars, as far as I know.

There's something beautiful about a fat cigar accompanying the early evening smell of nature, trees, grass and so on, and I do like to have the biggest, fattest cigar I can find (even spread over a couple of nights) while on holiday.

dandj

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
Fantastic news. I'll certainly take you up on that offer of a cigar run.
I'm not a cigar connoisseur but I have puffed a few in my time and I reckon Spanish Alvaro cigars are the best, and most reasonably priced, anywhere.
We're arring 10.30m from Manchester via Thomas Cook on 20th, don't suppose you're on the same flight?

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 09:46:59 AM »
Fantastic news. I'll certainly take you up on that offer of a cigar run.
I'm not a cigar connoisseur but I have puffed a few in my time and I reckon Spanish Alvaro cigars are the best, and most reasonably priced, anywhere.
We're arring 10.30m from Manchester via Thomas Cook on 20th, don't suppose you're on the same flight?

Sadly not...I'm coming in a couple of hours behind you.

Will be up in VP, in Vera Luz, for around 2pm on Thursday (with probably enough cigs to see me through until Friday) and I'll be doing a Consum shop in the afternoon. But if you're free on the Friday morning I'll certainly be heading off to at least one of the tabacs (both, if you would like to locate them for possible future reference), to pick up a carton of 200 to last the week and bring home.

I'm not certain as to what brands of cigars might be available, but I'm sure there'll be something to your taste.

The tabac in Palomares is a funky little place, a bit like a corner shop newsagents in the UK 40 years ago. It certainly reminds me of my childhood. The woman in there doesn't speak any English, but the pointing and my limited Spanish is all part of the fun.

The one in Villaricos is a more modern newsagents, lots of glossy mags, bigger, and the fella speaks English. It also has a wide range of English and European newspapers. The shop in the hotel also sells these, so this might not be of a particular interest to you, but from memory the Villaricos tabac has a wider range of English papers and quite possibly more than one copy of the Daily Telegraph  ;D

Edited to add: I've sent you a private message with phone numbers so we can meet up on the Friday.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:59:32 AM by James »