Author Topic: supermarket and opening hours  (Read 5135 times)

chappy007

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
supermarket and opening hours
« on: 14 May 2013, 20:34:30 PM »
Hi, can anyone recommend the best supermarket to use. My wife and i are flying into Murcia at 20.15hrs on 20th May for 5 days self catering. We would prefer to call at a supermarket on the Monday night rather than waste time on Tuesday morning.
Does any one  know what time the one in VP closes., or is there one on the way from Murcia that someone could recommend/ give directions to. (ps i have got a hire car)

largestalan

• Offline Offline
Re: supermarket and opening hours
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2013, 21:27:32 PM »
Think the local Consum ( and acouple of miles away Mercadona) will be closed if you are arriving after 10. Wait for the locals to reply for specific opening times and enjoy your stay.
worst case scenario get up early and get it sorted then.

stevenat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2013, 21:28:07 PM »
Chappy,
Consum closes at 21-15 so I doubt you would get there in time, ive asked a friend and he says he does not know of any 24 hours supermarkets there, so it looks like shopping on tuesday unless one of our local experts know better.

have a great holiday
steve and angie
If we were meant to be nude we would have been born that way ?

Bisnick

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2013, 00:48:08 AM »
Hi Chappy,

If you turn right out of the airport and drive 2 miles you will come to a roundabout with a petrol station on it. Turn left towards San Javier and drive for about another mile there is a Consum supermarket on the left. You will have one hour from landing to closing time, should be plenty at San Javier airport.

Nick