Author Topic: Jet 2 Party Plane  (Read 31611 times)

James

• Offline Offline
Re: Jet 2 Party Plane
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2013, 10:39:02 PM »
Thank you James,  we just need to keep pushing!  This morning I thought it was hopeless, now I'm not so sure!

65 as of a couple of minutes ago. More friend requests in, and accepted, so it's just a case of those people clicking through the process and joining up. With the 'pending' requests I think we're just about at the 70 mark, so we can do this if we keep hammering away at it.

Particularly delighted to see Tony finally, finally, get through what is a temperamental system and get signed up.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
Wow! A couple of days ago Maureen and I were beginning to think we wouldn't make it. 50 seats claimed with only four days left.

Never count your chickens, and all that, but I've just confirmed seat No. 91.

The widget's playing up again (I think now that it's just 'that time of night' when people are getting home from work, or face booking on the phone on the train) but it rather looks as though we just might do this, and do it sometime tonight or tomorrow morning (widget permitting).

GeorgeB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
I have to admit I was beginning to have doubts about filling the plane but it looks like the message is finally getting through. I pushed it again today on the BN forum and on the Blackpool & Fylde Sun Club facebook page telling people there were only 30 places left. One of the B&FSC members has just told me there are only 7 places left.

See you all at the airport. :)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 10:20:55 PM »
Down to last 3 now and website definitely playing up!  We're strolling home, now.  Only 3 more 'bums on seats' required before Friday lunchtime.  I know it's frustrating, but keep trying!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
99  booked! 
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 02:00:50 PM »
100 booked (thanks, Dan!) and the plane's submitted despite Jet2's best efforts not to lend anyone a plane, ever, judging by the user unfriendliness of their internal server and application process.

We now have to check back on Monday to see if we've been shortlisted.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »
Many thanks to all who helped spread the word.

Adele and Steve, who got the ball rolling early on, to Genny, for getting an email in circulation, to George, who spread the word on the BN website and the Blackpool & Fylde group and others who clearly put in some leg work on this.

In particular, I'd like to thank Maureen Berry, who encouraged what was only an idea of mine and got me to apply, then did absolutely wonderful work in cajoling, encouraging, promoting the thing.

Without her, we almost certainly wouldn't have achieved the 100.

If we do win the plane, or even get shortlisted, it's all down to Maureen's superb efforts. I can't thank her enough.

Maureen...remind me, the next time we're both in VP at the same time, that I owe you a bottle of rioja, whether we win the plane or not. It's the least I can do to say 'thank you' for all of your hard work.

Lynne and Ian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:42 PM »
Well done everyone. We have been watching the progress carefully and would have signed up if needed but unable to fly on it so decided to wait until the deadline to see if anyone genuine would go for it.

Do we now need to vote for it? If so when and how? ???

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »
Do we now need to vote for it? If so when and how? ???

We may be shortlisted, we may not. We'll know at 900am, Monday.

If selected, I think there'll be a vote, via Facebook, to determine the winner, so we'll need to galvanise the UK naturist community to vote for the plane.

As maureen has said on Facebook, we tick some of the boxes in terms of newsworthiness, but we aren't even finalists yet.

If we are shortlisted, Maureen or I will pop the links up here, as well as the Vera Playa Friends page on FB, so everyone knows how to vote for 'our' plane.

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/Jet2Social?fref=ts

The above is the Jet2 Facebook page.
I think we should have a short piece saying why people should vote for us ready to post for Monday morning. Being quick out the blocks will be very important as the early momentum will be crucial.
It should hit the cord of the general public.
Sorry I can't help but I'm away until Monday evening running the BN Blackpool w'end which is three 18 hr days.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »
http://www.jet2.com/partyplane/

I'm afraid we didn't get shortlisted. You can check out those who are finalists via the link and cast your vote for the exceptionally worthy scout leaders and birthday people who were shortlisted.

Still, if you aren't in, you can't win, so it was certainly worth having a go.

Many thanks to all who signed up, tried to sign up, got the word out, etc, etc and particular thanks too Maureen, without whom we'd probably not have managed the 100 in the first instance. (I still owe you a bottle of plonk, Maureen, for your hard work)

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
That said, there's still a world record to set, so we have to keep the momentum going on getting numbers into VP for that weekend.

At this point we're hoping to attend over a 'long weekend' and maybe get involved with the walk/run (walking, I'd guess, in Spanish heat) on the Saturday, as well as the swim on the Sunday.

veraman

• Newbie Member
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »
bad luck james, nice try though :-[

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:54 PM »
bad luck james, nice try though :-[

Thanks Veraman.

If you aren't in, you can't win. It was nice to see the Vera community rally round, as they always do, and get behind an idea and collectively support it, even those who had no vested interest in trying to get a seat. People got the word out, sent emails, and it showed naturism in a very positive light, as a proper, caring and sharing community.

British and Irish naturists who got behind the idea need to take pride in the way that they show a tremendous civic spirit and friendliness. It shows, apart from the sunshine, the warm sea, the nice meals out and relaxed atmosphere, what it is makes Vera such a unique and wonderful place.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2013, 08:29:57 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, James.  We are very busy at the moment - getting ready to move out of VP after 6 months in residence is no mean feat!  Every year we say we will accrue less 'stuff' - but we just don't manage it!  So until we leave (approx Saturday) we'll have little time to commit to anything and once we are on the road we have unreliable internet, so I am preparing to hand over the baton to Lubricated and Quenton!

It was a good effort, and I can't pretend I am impressed by the short-listed candidates, but as I have already freely admitted, I'm not a good loser!