Author Topic: Jet 2 Party Plane  (Read 31838 times)

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
Re: Jet 2 Party Plane
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »
Excellent. This now appears to be gathering momentum at quite a pace.  But to get the numbers up to try for a record will require all other Europeans to be on board, e.g. Germans, Spanish, French etc. Perhaps if a simple but eye catching flyer was designed and available through this forum (in Word Doc or PDF) then it could be downloaded and sent to organisations, or printed off and posted?  Good luck to all who are putting in some hard work on this one. :)
Can you please get the flyer to me ASAP. I have already exchanged e-mail with the INF/FNI on this and they want to mention it in their next newsletter. I'm sure that they will send it to each Federation as well if we ask them.

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »
I don't have one. I just suggested if someone with an artistic touch could design a simple one, then it could be distributed, by email or in print form. Basically an eye catching image with detailed dialogue below....and of course, giving exact location details, date and time, and essentially, where extra information can be obtained. The July date is still some way off, but folk need to think about getting accommodation and transport arranged, so it's never too early! :)

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
I've emailed Manchester Sun & Air,  Ashdene and YSS.  Today I'll find an email for Liverpool,  White Rose and Valley at Harrogate (that's the Northern clubs closest to Manchester).

Just a thought, do we get our own chartered plane (when we win, of course!!!!) because the scheduled departure on Sunday 21st is 12.40!  We won't have time to get a toe in the water!

I've thought the same thing, Maureen, but I would imagine that in winning your own plane, you should be able to determine the flight times. We'd be looking at a red-eye flight out on Saturday morning (and maybe even get to participate in the walk/run apparently being discussed) and the last flight home on Sunday.

Otherwise a 'party plane' that could conceivably be the last one into a destination, and the first flight out the following morning on Jet 2's scheduled services doesn't get to be much of a party...

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
The July date is still some way off, but folk need to think about getting accommodation and transport arranged, so it's never too early! :)

Excellent point. I know that even if we don't win the plane I would love to be a part of this record attempt, so for me and, I suspect, others whose interest has been generated by this attempt, there has to be a 'Plan B'.

I know this forum doesn't encourage 'advertising' but Facebook will have no such qualms about it, so if there's any owner/renters who have accommodation  over that weekend, anyone willing to take independently travelling waifs and strays in (for an affordable fee, of course), then maybe they could declare themselves on FB.

We need to think outside the box a bit. For instance, how would people feel about sharing an apartment with others for a weekend? Potentially, owner/renters could pitch a Friday to Monday for a special rate, people could share apartment space with old/new friends, the renters could achieve a week's rental in the space of a couple of days and maximise their rental profits. I'm just doing a 'stream of consciousness' here, and the road to hell is obviously paved with good intentions, as the old saying goes, but I'd appreciate people's input on thinking about some sort of 'Plan B' for independent travellers in the event the party plane goes to some other undeserving group!  :D

The more we dream stuff up, and consider many different options, the more chance we have of maximising the travelling public, independently, on the party plane or whatever, and breaking the world record.

Phil B-C

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28:26 AM »
Excellent. This now appears to be gathering momentum at quite a pace.  But to get the numbers up to try for a record will require all other Europeans to be on board, e.g. Germans, Spanish, French etc. Perhaps if a simple but eye catching flyer was designed and available through this forum (in Word Doc or PDF) then it could be downloaded and sent to organisations, or printed off and posted?  Good luck to all who are putting in some hard work on this one. :)
Can you please get the flyer to me ASAP. I have already exchanged e-mail with the INF/FNI on this and they want to mention it in their next newsletter. I'm sure that they will send it to each Federation as well if we ask them.

Just posted version one under the main thread (as opposed to the "Jet 2 Party Plane" thread).

Phil

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 11:01:27 PM »

Just posted version one under the main thread (as opposed to the "Jet 2 Party Plane" thread).

Phil

Thanks Phil. I have posted my comments on the other thread.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
Update: We're now heading merrily towards the 40% full mark with the plane seats. Everyone who has applied has been confirmed so far. Looking forward to meeting you all in rainy Manchester if we win it! (Oh, trust me, it's July, it's Manchester, it'll be raining!)

Midday on the 22nd is the cut off date, so if you haven't applied yet, do it now! Plenty of seats available yet, and time is ticking away.

Maybe now's the time to think about that friend who says 'oh no, I could never do that' (i.e. naturism) but who seems interested in our participation in the lifestyle. Why not point them towards the party plane? Generally, what happens in these situations is that, surrounded by like-minded individuals (be it bungee-jumping or skinny-dipping) people will, on the spur of the moment, and caught up in whatever collective madness is going, say 'to hell with it!' and throw caution to the wind and bungee jump. Or in this instance, throw costumes to the wind.

If you suspect someone might get into the spirit of it...let them know. We really do want to break that record, and what a wonderful, collective, fun introduction to naturism this will be.

GeorgeB

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
Along with Nick and Jane, Julie and I, there are 3 others confirmed now from Blackpool and Fylde Sun Club. That's about one eighth of our membership. :) We will try and recruit more members on Thursday at our next meeting.

A bit more pushing on the BN forum tonight to try to keep up the momentum.

If we win this flight, I don't see why we can't fly naked. Should be a fantastic atmosphere. 100 naked people all flying off to the sun to try and break a world record. ))))))

George

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:55 PM »
Along with Nick and Jane, Julie and I, there are 3 others confirmed now from Blackpool and Fylde Sun Club. That's about one eighth of our membership. :) We will try and recruit more members on Thursday at our next meeting.

A bit more pushing on the BN forum tonight to try to keep up the momentum.

If we win this flight, I don't see why we can't fly naked. Should be a fantastic atmosphere. 100 naked people all flying off to the sun to try and break a world record. ))))))

George

Well, I hope you can attract the full membership on Thursday to join in. After all, it's a free flight and a night's accommodation (apparently) so it's really just a case of getting yourselves from Blackpool (and environs) to manchester.

And I thought the same thing about the flight. Dress 'casually' for departure and, somewhere over the Bay of Biscay, or even Luton, everyone 'dresses more even more casually'.  :D

I'm sure that Jet2 could make something of the 'publicity' aspect of it, as could the record attempt itself. Does 100 naturist fliers qualify as a record in itself? If it does, we need to contact Guinness if we win the plane and go for another world record.

We're pushing on for 40% of the plane filled, so let's keep hammering away at it. Any other willing participants on Thursday night are more than welcome, George. I'll add 'em as they apply.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2013, 03:07:08 PM »
We're becalmed in the mid-40s, although if everyone who has made friend requests gets back onto Facebook, applies and is confirmed, I think we're at the 50 or 51 mark.

Pretty good effort for little over a week, but there's just under a week to go, Friday midday is the cut off point, so please try and get the message out and keep the numbers ratcheting up. I'm rather hoping that Sunday can be a day when people have time to FB and can either apply or get the message out to their friends.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 08:09:21 AM »
I have been reading the small print. The 100 people who actually apply for the party plane do not have to be the same 100 people who fly (with the exception of James who made the application). Therefore, if you are a naturist and a friend of Vera Playa, apply, even if you can't actually travel! If we win the plane and with the publicity it brings, I am absolutely sure we will fill it. The important thing, now, is to get 100 seats filled before the 22nd. And it's not a normal scheduled flight, the other seats will be occupied by 'crew and the media', and it will fly out one day and back the next. The judges will make a short-list of 10 and then it will be a facebook vote who actually wins. But we've got to get 100 'bums on seats' by the 22nd, so come on, apply!

Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 03:56:32 PM »
Current confirmed seats are 57, with another 2-3 pending, so hopefully we'll be through the 60 mark tonight.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 06:19:21 PM »
Fantastic. We're out through the 60 mark and word now seems to be spreading. We can do this, although I don't think I could have done it without a magnificent input from Maureen, who has worked really hard to spread the word, so I'd just like to add a note of thanks to her for her wonderful work in getting this...ah...off the ground, so to speak.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
Thank you James,  we just need to keep pushing!  This morning I thought it was hopeless, now I'm not so sure!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

fidge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 09:58:32 PM »
I posted a comment, including a link to the new page, on http://naturistcommunity.com last night. I'll re-post it in a day or so.