Author Topic: Jet 2 Party Plane  (Read 31837 times)

James

• Offline Offline
Re: Jet 2 Party Plane
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
10% filled in a couple of hours, despite the very user-unfriendly method (or perhaps it's just me being computer useless) of applying.  :D

Don't be afraid to get the word out to even your non-naturist friends if you suspect they could be swayed by the moment and join in in a...er...flash!

AJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 11:59:51 AM »
I am struggling with this trying to join. On facebook there is more than one VP friends groups & they are all 'closed groups' so don't know which is the right one? Can you tell me how many members it has or somthing to guide me. I also looked for James Ingram, dozens all over the world! Where are you from James? Advice please as I am no expert on Facebook.

Alan - The Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 12:42:15 PM »
There is only one vera playa friends group on facebook, it currently has 95 members.

Just enter "vera playa friends" (without the quotes) in the search box and it should come up

or you could try this link but I don't know if it will work if you're not already a member of the group - http://www.facebook.com/groups/326786637435707/

Alan
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:44:52 PM by Alan - The Webmaster »
Webmaster www.veraplayafriends.com and www.veraplayafriends.com/forum
Loves holidaying in Vera Playa

AJ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 03:15:28 PM »
Thanks Alan, I was looking for VP friends as posted previously not vera playa friends. Found it no problem now & me & Linda have requested to join. Fingers crossed. Antony.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 05:36:29 PM »
Thanks Alan, I was looking for VP friends as posted previously not vera playa friends. Found it no problem now & me & Linda have requested to join. Fingers crossed. Antony.

I'll confirm you as the applications come in.

I do apologise for the convoluted way everyone needs to apply. That's my fault, as I imagined that everyone could simply click the link and join up, rather than having to 'friend' me. The Jet2 page infers you should simply be able to click on a link to join up, which makes sense to me, rather than having to 'friend' a total stranger. But like yourself, AJ, I'm not a FB expert (and don't actually like it that much myself).

If we find out we haven't won the plane, everyone can 'unfriend' me at that point without me taking any offence.  :D

I work nights, sleep by day, so I do my 'accepting friends' in the evenings, and confirming seats on the plane as they come in in the same time frame. If you don't get confirmation immediately, that's why, but I will confirm all names as they come in, until we hopefully fill the plane and at least have a chance to win it.

Anyone looking for me will find me as a member of the Vera Playa Friends page (set up by Maureen Berry) on FB. I have a little 'swirly' triskele as my avatar (it looks like the centre label to an old 45rpm record....I assume most of us here are old enough to remember them?...because that's what it's intended to represent).

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
This morning I applied for my seat, and eventually it all went through, application in, got response back that 'I'm in'.  Had to set John up  a facebook account (he's really not into this sort of thing) - set up account, made James a friend, joined Vera Playa Friends group, applied for a seat on the party plane (about 20 times) - just locked up.  I logged in through Google Chrome and Internet Explorer to see if the problem was the browser (obviously not).  This is really not working at the moment (so if you are also trying, it's not you!).  I'll keep trying!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 09:24:45 PM »
This morning I applied for my seat, and eventually it all went through, application in, got response back that 'I'm in'.  Had to set John up  a facebook account (he's really not into this sort of thing) - set up account, made James a friend, joined Vera Playa Friends group, applied for a seat on the party plane (about 20 times) - just locked up.  I logged in through Google Chrome and Internet Explorer to see if the problem was the browser (obviously not).  This is really not working at the moment (so if you are also trying, it's not you!).  I'll keep trying!

Their 'widget' doesn't seem to be working at the moment Maureen. I've been checking FB and adding people, but not getting through to the little pic of the plane they've helpfully provided with seats ticked off as I confirm people's places.

I shall keep trying, and may possibly log in overnight from the iphone to add others (we must be near 20 now, in little over 24 hours, if I confirm all the places) who have applied.

I'll add John the instant their widget fixes itself.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »
The widget's working again, and John and others have now been added to the list...

Dotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 04:48:18 PM »
How many have you got now?

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 10:15:38 PM »
How many have you got now?

Between those who are confirmed, and those who've made FB friend requests, pending application and acceptance, we've filled about 25% of the seats in 48 hours  :D

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:34 AM »
Just checked again this morning and it's 18 confirmed, with another 8 who've made friend requests or who I've sent friend requests (following their declaring interest through FB) and who'll be added once they click the party plane link and make the request, so yes, 25% full in 48 hours.

If anyone's a member of a naturist club, involved with BN or whatever, can I suggest they try to get the news out and let people know about it so we can keep numbers turning over. Not everyone will necessarily be aware of the Skinny Dip yet, even less so the chance to win the plane.

I can happily report that my good friend Genny, who many of you will know, has been doing her bit and has circulated an email about the plane, and I'd like to thank her for getting onboard and involved.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »
I've emailed Manchester Sun & Air,  Ashdene and YSS.  Today I'll find an email for Liverpool,  White Rose and Valley at Harrogate (that's the Northern clubs closest to Manchester).

Just a thought, do we get our own chartered plane (when we win, of course!!!!) because the scheduled departure on Sunday 21st is 12.40!  We won't have time to get a toe in the water!

Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

kenb

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »
Genny's email did it for me! I never ever intended to join facebook but why not for this. It was a faff getting confirmed but eventually it worked. Cross fingers see you all then! Ken .

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 05:08:47 PM »
I have posted it on the BN Forum and a private Yahoo Group (that go to VP a lot) that I'm a member of.

I have notified Blackpool Club and put it on Greater Manchester Naturists and Naturist Events Facebook Groups.

Not much use for the Party Plane, but I have also asked that the Skinny Dip is loaded on the INF calendar.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:59:32 PM by Seaside Naturist »

Sun4us

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
Excellent. This now appears to be gathering momentum at quite a pace.  But to get the numbers up to try for a record will require all other Europeans to be on board, e.g. Germans, Spanish, French etc. Perhaps if a simple but eye catching flyer was designed and available through this forum (in Word Doc or PDF) then it could be downloaded and sent to organisations, or printed off and posted?  Good luck to all who are putting in some hard work on this one. :)