Author Topic: Jet 2 Party Plane  (Read 31537 times)

James

• Offline Offline
Jet 2 Party Plane
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
http://www.jet2.com/PartyPlane?utm_source=FlightsAdhoc%7CPARTYPLANE&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=BFS&utm_content=Copy&utm_campaign=130128&cm_mmc=Email-_-FlightsAdhoc%7CPARTYPLANE-_-130128-_-BFS%7CCopy&cm_mmca1=EN&cm_mmca2=FlightsAdhoc&cm_mmca3=Null&cm_mmca4=SALE10&cm_mmca5=1&cm_mmca6=PARTYPLANE

Got this from Jet2. Win a plane for the weekend.

Who's gonna submit a plan for 100 naturists flying down from Blighty to Murcia  for the skinny dip?

If a 'birthday bash in Barcelona' is one of the 'themes' that might win it, I dare say 100 naturists heading for a World Record attempt probably has as much chance as anyone. More, if Jet2 can squeeze some publicity out of it...

You connect via Facebook and people 'apply' to join the flight. Well, the Vera Playa Friends page on FB sounds like the perfect place for someone to post this, for us -as a community- to apply and get 1/6th of the proposed participants flying in for the weekend.

You never know...we could get lucky.  :)

tiger79

Re: Jet 2 Party Plane
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »
Great idea, James!

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »
I agree, great idea.  I'll look at the detail in the morning. We're up for it!  Can't imagine a better publicity stunt!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »
Presumably, you would have to declare a 'home' airport, so while it doesn't suit me personally, I'd suggest Manchester or Birmingham -centrally located- as a home hub and others can drive, take the train or fly (me! us!) to there if we did get lucky. Manchester or Birmingham, and their surrounding populations, would increase the opportunities to fill the plane, while being within reach for folks in Bristol, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds etc to get to Manc or Brum.

'Bare Air' seems an ideal tagline for this... ::) With 'Jet2aworldrecord' on the side of the cockpit.

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:20:33 AM »
Great idea James,  are you going to do it then?  I know Jet 2 fly Manchester / Murcia, not sure about Birmingham - but like you say, they are the most central - with good transport links.  Jet2 have a lot of flights out of Leeds/Bradford,  that may be their 'home' airport - but that has terrible transport links!  Just checked, no Birmingham - they do East Midlands, very good for M1 but not good public transport links.  Maybe best for everybody would be Manchester.  You choose and go for it!
Happy owners and winter residents at Vera Playa, our piece of Naturist Paradise.

James

• Offline Offline
Manchester it is, Maureen, and I'll submit this proposal to them tomorrow, when I've had time to write up a properly thought out application and have more time to consider the wording. I think most of us in the UK and Ireland will be well served by links of cheap flights to Manchester if we are a little further afield, and it shouldn't cost too much for anyone interested to fly to there (if in Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh, Dublin, Belfast, even London) affordably enough.

Others in Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield, Cardiff etc could train it or drive to Manchester, so if there's no dissenting voices, I'll propose Manchester as a home airport and submit it to Jet 2 and link it via the VPF page on FB.

Dotty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 06:01:52 PM »
Then there's the question of getting from Murcia to VP, Probably coaches or mini buses would be required. A coach would probably be cheaper than getting people to pick other people up. But then again I suppose this is something to think about if and when it happens!

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 06:42:54 PM »
If, by any chance, we are lucky enough to win the plane, we'll sort out transfers,  no problems.  We've hired coaches before from the firm on the way to Los Gallardos for concerts and airport trips (Vera Playa does Queen,  Vera Playa does Rome etc).  It's all getting exciting!

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 04:48:27 PM »
If, by any chance, we are lucky enough to win the plane, we'll sort out transfers,  no problems.  We've hired coaches before from the firm on the way to Los Gallardos for concerts and airport trips (Vera Playa does Queen,  Vera Playa does Rome etc).  It's all getting exciting!

This should submitted to Jet2 on Monday, latest. I have written the proposal about six times already, trying to 'tick the boxes' more each time. Sorry for the delay, but I'm a tortoise when it comes to getting the words just how I like 'em. The major 'sticking point' is how I phrase reference to 'aiding charity' (and if we're going to raise anything for charity). I think you, Maureen, proposed aiding the flood victims if we were going to do anything charitable, so the phrasing will probably include something along the lines of 'the hope is we can also raise cash to aid the victims of VP's recent floods'.

If anyone has any other ideas on the charitable angle, or there are any dissenting voices on the charitable reference, please let me know via this forum before Monday morning, and I'll take all comment into account.

And if we do win the plane, Jon and Eve, you SHALL go to the ball!!!!  :)

John and Maureen Berry

• admin
  • Offline Offline
    • La Menara
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »
Excellent, well done James.  Nothing new to report from the VP end.

James

• Offline Offline
I've posted the link (I hope correctly) in the VP Friends page on Facebook.

We have until 22nd February to fill it (100 seats) and it'll be flying out of Manchester, centrally located, as previously discussed.

If you aren't going to be in VP on July 21st, now's the time to add your name, and tell all your friends.

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 06:40:07 PM »
I've posted the link (I hope correctly) in the VP Friends page on Facebook.

We have until 22nd February to fill it (100 seats) and it'll be flying out of Manchester, centrally located, as previously discussed.

If you aren't going to be in VP on July 21st, now's the time to add your name, and tell all your friends.

Can we have the link on here as well?

Can you explain what commitment is required by Feb 22nd more fully?
When would the flight be? (including the return)

James

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »
http://www.jet2.com/partyplane/plane/details/100000913313652

'We Love vera Luz' have both applied, and I confirmed them for seats.

That's the extent of the commitment. If we go over 100, and then some drop out, then others could be added. But I assume that anyone applying has some idea they'll be free that weekend (flying out of Manchester 20th, returning 21st).

I shall simply confirm seats for those who apply on a first come, first served basis, and assume that most of the applicants will be either through this forum or Maureen's VP Friends page on Facebook.

I assume that those who don't manage 100 applicants for their plane will be disregarded by Jet2, and they've set a cut off date to separate the wheat from the chaff, as it were, disregarding 8 applicants who want to go to see Coldplay in Dubrovnik, or 23 beer swilling guys from an engineering works who fancy taking in a football match in Malaga.

James

• Offline Offline
We've filled a row already :)

However, what isn't clear is that you need to friend ME to apply for a seat. So you're looking for James Ingram, and my name should appear in Quenton's FB friends list, Steve and Adele's, etc etc...

I won't take offence if you all add and then 'defriend' if we don't get the plane...honestly... :)

I put all this down to the fact that I don't understand the FB 'connect' thing properly, and I'm sure most of you won't want to see my links to obscure Ukrainian ambient record labels subsequently, so simply 'add' me for the interim, then 'defriend' when the time comes. Once you're added, and confirmed as a friend, click on the link via FB -it has to be done via FB- and I get to confirm the seats.

Seaside Nick (was Seaside Naturist)

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 08:52:20 PM »
Jane and I are confirmed on the guest list  :)